Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Registration error when testing a second test scenario

Posted 08-06-2022 12:32
    I am trying to test my event created in Flex. When I attempt to enter a second registration for the same email address, I get the following error message, "It looks like we already have a contact in our records that matches those details. Please check the information you entered and try again." 

My testing parameters are: Method = Test Myself, Area = Registration Process,
    Test for invitees who arrive from = Cvent Email, Contact Type = Default, Invitation List = Invitation List, and Email = Approval Pending Notification.

I have tried clearing cache and logging out and back into Cvent but I still get the same error message.

What am I doing wrong?

#Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Shawn Miller
    NSC Registrar
    Embroiderer's Guild of AmericaUnited States

• 2.  RE: Registration error when testing a second test scenario

Community MVP
    Posted 08-06-2022 15:58
    AFAIK, you can only have one registeration per email address.

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 3.  RE: Registration error when testing a second test scenario

Posted 08-07-2022 11:43

Thank you for your response Steven. I agree that for "real, live" registrations you can have one per email address. But I can't believe that is true for testing purposes. I have almost 100 testing scenarios and 3 paths. That would mean I'd have to set up and maintain 300 email addresses! I find it hard to believe that Cvent would expect a user to do that just to test. 

Shawn Miller
    NSC Registrar
    Embroiderer's Guild of AmericaUnited States

• 4.  RE: Registration error when testing a second test scenario

Community MVP
    Posted 08-07-2022 15:37
    After thinking about it, I do have multiple test registrations using the same email address.

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 5.  RE: Registration error when testing a second test scenario

Cvent Staff
    Posted 08-08-2022 13:19
    Hi Shawn,

We get the error "It looks like we already have a contact in our records that matches those details. Please check the information you entered and try again." when we edit the Email Address while registering and the new Email Address that we are adding, we already have a contact record associated with it.

When testing if we select 'Test for invitees who arrive from a Cvent Email', we should not be making any change in the Email Address there as it takes the data from our Testing Profile.

And if they are not making any change to First Name, Last Name & Email Address while testing then we would need the details of the event to test this further.

Megan Clark
    Assistant Team Lead, Online Community Marketing
    Cvent