Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Repeating background image on event header

Posted 12-06-2022 18:14
      |   view attached
    Hi Cvent friends, I am unable to figure out why I have a repeating background image on my primary header. It's showing up underneath the background image (please see screenshot attached). I've check in every piece of the header selections and the theme - the image has been only uploaded for the header background. Can anyone help? Thank you in advance.
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Mary Karlson
    Lead Designer, NTT Research, United States

• 2.  RE: Repeating background image on event header

Posted 12-07-2022 05:27
    In your section header settings, below where you add the image as a background image, there are settings controlling whether the image repeats or not.  See the screenshot below.

Lisa Hutchins
    Director of Technology
    Global Image United States

• 3.  RE: Repeating background image on event header

Posted 12-07-2022 18:24
    Thank you Lisa, I really appreciate your reply. All of the settings look good - only scale to fit is selected and no repeating. I'll keep at it til I figure it out! Have a nice night.

Mary Karlson
    Lead Designer
    NTT ResearchUnited States

• 4.  RE: Repeating background image on event header

User Group Member
    Posted 12-07-2022 16:57
    Hi Mary,

It may just be my computer and how it is displaying your image, but it looks as though you may have an image widget on top of the background image. The 'repeat' does not seem to line up, that is unless the 'scale to fit' function has been used for one and not the other.

Jeremy Houser
    Projects Coordinator
    Duke University

• 5.  RE: Repeating background image on event header

Posted 12-07-2022 18:23
    Thank you Jeremy! I appreciate your help. I only have the one bkgd image for that part of the header. I'll check to see if I added a widget on top of it somehow. But from my view all of the settings and image location are where they should be. I will keep on this. Have a great evening!

Mary Karlson
    Lead Designer

• 6.  RE: Repeating background image on event header

Posted 12-08-2022 04:18
    Sometimes I take the tact when something odd is going on, to just start fresh.  In this case, I'd probably just add a new section to the header, set the background,  and delete the old one that is behaving unexpectedly.

Lisa Hutchins
    Director of Technology
    Global Image United States

• 7.  RE: Repeating background image on event header

Posted 12-12-2022 11:59
    Thank you again, Lisa. I have since opened up a case with the Cvent technical team. Unfortunately the problem remains. I was able to remove the image that was loading by removing it from my image library - now there is a space that needs to be removed.
    After inspecting the live page with developer's tools in my browser (Chrome), I found that there is 80pt padding attached to the header element. So, the problem definitely exists in the banner and in no other section or element. I have also tried rebuilding the section while using the Cvent app in Safari. And I haven't been able to resolve the problem by creating a new section; it's definitely a div class outside of the header boundaries.
    I have reviewed every possible element in every page and section and its setting on the site to locate this 80px padding designation. I can't locate it and I definitely didn't add padding or borders to the header - I don't think one can control what surrounds the header itself.

Attaching images to illustrate what I found in case any one is interested. 

Mary Karlson
    Lead Designer