Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Requests for Receipt - what to send

Posted 08-14-2023 13:23

I've had several people who registered and paid online request a receipt for their credit card payment. Is there a way to send a receipt (not an invoice) to them? It seems like such an obvious need that I must be missing something somewhere. Right now I am having to log into our payment gateway to send something from there, and it's very inefficient plus does not show the actual item they registered for.

#AttendeeHub
    #Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Retha Mattern
    Director
    Lignite Energy CouncilUnited States

• 2.  RE: Requests for Receipt - what to send

Posted 08-14-2023 13:55

I have this same situation.  Cvent doesn't quite connect completely to Stripe where I would be able to setup "products" to send out lovely invoices/receipts.  Following.  I agree it's likely a "Me" issue without the required training or knowhow.   Thank you for posting Retha!

Jamie Young
    Co-Founder And Chief Operations Officer
    SafeopediaCanada

• 3.  RE: Requests for Receipt - what to send

Posted 08-14-2023 15:22

I go to their attendee page, orders & payments tab and you can email or print that page.  This gives them their admission items and how it was paid.

Kim Mulvaney
    PD Coord
    Missouri Association of School Business OfficialsUnited States

• 4.  RE: Requests for Receipt - what to send

Posted 08-14-2023 16:27

But how do we do it before there is an Attendee Page?  I'd love it in the Registration Confirmation email.  That seems to be a great place.  Am I just not looking at this and configuring it (aka being lazy?) or am I missing something?

Jamie Young
    SafeopediaCanada

• 5.  RE: Requests for Receipt - what to send

Posted 08-15-2023 09:48
    Edited by Krysten Bennett 08-15-2023 09:49
      |   view attached

The {[C-PAYMENTS]} tag inserts a table of payment details like this:

If you use that in conjunction with the Registration Information widget, it could function as a receipt.

You could also create a receipt in the badge designer and include the link in your confirmation emails, which attendees can download for their records or reimbursement.

Krysten Bennett
    Communications Director
    Ohio Veterinary Medical Association
    United States

• 6.  RE: Requests for Receipt - what to send

Posted 08-15-2023 09:57

I believe your idea of "receipt in the badge designer and include the link in your confirmation emails" is exactly what our Event Builder project manager is doing.  Perhaps this should be a part of implementation going forward for all registrations.  It's common place when you purchase something online, you get a receipt of purchase right away.

Jamie Young
    SafeopediaCanada

• 7.  RE: Requests for Receipt - what to send

Posted 13 days ago

Hi,

I just came across this question/string and wanted to see if there are any updates? Does Cvent not issue a receipt or trigger a receipt from Stripe when a payment is made online? We are setting up our first event and haven't got this far, but will need people to get receipts of what they paid and how. Thanks!

Jennifer Woolley
    Project Director (Consultant)
    Global Forum on TB Vaccines

• 8.  RE: Requests for Receipt - what to send

Posted 10 days ago

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for your follow up question.

We recently released a new "order details" widget in the email designer! This can be added directly to the registration confirmation email when you are in the designer - simply click and drag to the spot you want it displayed. I've included some more information below.

Sydney Langer
    CSA
    Cvent