Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Resize image in Designer MIA?

Posted 03-10-2023 13:58

Noticed this morning that the ability to resize an image in designer is gone?  It was in classic- and I was excited to see it return a few months ago as it is super helpful to make minor sizing adjustments.  Now it seems there is just cropping.  Has anyone else noticed this?  Did it move somewhere else that I can't find?

#Registration

------------------------------
    Heather Payne
    Director, Conference & Event Marketing
    RBC Dominion Securities, Inc.Canada

• 2.  RE: Resize image in Designer MIA?

User Group Member
    Posted 03-13-2023 08:48

Same here!  The previous feature allowed me to place sponsor logos and tweak them so they are all a similar size.   I can see the need for the Crop feature and I'm sure I'll use it at some point,  but my fingers are crossed for the resizing feature to return soon!

Michele Runge
    Housing & Registration Manager
    HPN GlobalUnited States

• 3.  RE: Resize image in Designer MIA?

Posted 03-13-2023 11:39
    Edited by Morgan Kelly 03-13-2023 11:39

I noticed quite a bit of changes to the look and feel including this.

Kind of bummed as it was a lot easier than having to upload different images of the same one just resized. Some times this takes me a couple different tries to find the best size for my website, so I will end up with the same picture in 3/4 different sizes within the photo library.

Morgan Kelly
    Event Registration Coordinator
    In-N-Out Burger United States

• 4.  RE: Resize image in Designer MIA?

Posted 03-13-2023 14:43

Huge bummer to see the image resizer gone. It was incredibly useful to resize images within the platform rather than uploading several versions to see which works. Cvent, please bring this back!

Caroline Livingston
    MIT Conference Services

• 5.  RE: Resize image in Designer MIA?

Cvent Staff
    Posted 03-20-2023 14:41

Hi Heather,

Hope you are well.

I have reviewed your query.

You are right, the option to add an aspect ratio when selecting free form image while editing image was available some time back, however, this option is no longer there to maintain the standard aspect ratio of the images. This is because if anyone adds a smaller image and then increase the aspect ratio, the image might look pixelated.

Having said that, I understand your perspective and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. But, it sounds like a great feedback. I suggest you to post this as an Idea by going to Cvent Community > Participate > product Ideas.

We encourage you to always submit your ideas or any challenges you face while working with the product. As it also help our Product Development team to review the possibilities and if it works we may try to incorporate such changes in our future releases. 

I hope this helps.

Raashi Semwal Khati
    Senior Quality Analyst
    Cvent