Open Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Salesforce Integrtion

• 1.  Salesforce Integrtion

Posted 05-19-2022 16:13
    I have Salesforce integration set up, and some data is coming through, but we aren't getting all of it.  We have an event that has over 160 registrants, and only 42 attendees are showing in the Attendee list.  In the event campaign that was created, it's only showing 14 campaign members. 

Has anyone had success is connecting to Salesforce and getting accurate results?
    #Miscellaneous
    #ReportingandInsights

------------------------------
    Jeff Comeau
    Principal Web Application Developer
    Alvaria, Inc.United States

• 2.  RE: Salesforce Integrtion

Cvent Staff
    Posted 05-23-2022 10:49
    Hi Jeff,

You can reference our Salesforce App Developer Hub Guide or Salesforce training to ensure you have configured the integration correctly. If you are still finding issues after reviewing these resources, please call our Customer Care team at 866.318.4357 Option 1 (Event Cloud) > Option 1 (Events) Option 4 (Integrations), so they can assist you further.

I hope this helps! 

Best,

Amanda Sidrak
    Senior Client Success Advisor
    nonea

• 3.  RE: Salesforce Integrtion

User Group Member
    Posted 06-27-2022 18:26
    I spent hours and hours trying to figure out why we are no longer syncing like we were with the connector. I am very frustrated with the lack of support from Cvent to help resolve this.

Nadine Demyanovich
    Marketing Analyst
    Illumina, Inc.

• 4.  RE: Salesforce Integrtion

Posted 06-24-2022 14:19
    We faced the same problem It appears the new version of the Salesforce Integration is not as capable as the older one. 
    Be glad to share with you what we have learned.
    The Salesforce app is very good, but not complete.
    I was hoping Cvent had a users group where we could provide feed back and hopefully make the solution better with community involvment.
    For example we have data captured on checkout that is not visible to the integration so we cannot meet a requirement to get that date in salesforce.
    We have managed to get data from 
    Custom registration questions
    Custom contact fields
    and Data tags.

Tim Jones
    Senior Erp Manager
    FamilylifeUnited States

• 5.  RE: Salesforce Integrtion

User Group Member
    Posted 06-24-2022 19:10
    Thanks for information! Following :)

Hallie Loeb, HMCC
    Event Operations
    CDW United States

• 6.  RE: Salesforce Integrtion

User Group Member
    Posted 06-27-2022 18:26
    Hi Tim,

I'm so frustrated with Cvent right now. The Salesforce App is syncing a small percentage compared to the connector tool and Cvent's stance is "well, it's all in your Salesforce account now, so we can't help you". At this point, the event teams are going to have to manually import the lists which defeat the purpose. This is one of the sought-after features from the users to help with adoption. Can you email me directly so we can connect? ndemyanovich@illumina.com

Nadine Demyanovich
    Marketing Analyst
    Illumina, Inc.

• 7.  RE: Salesforce Integrtion

Posted 06-28-2022 12:06
    We have been working with support for over a month, the response from the development team is very slow.  We can get some data, but not all of it.  Campaign members don't seem to be populating, there are multiple errors in the Attendee Temp object and no clear direction on how to manually process the attendees that the app can't process.

Jeff Comeau

• 8.  RE: Salesforce Integrtion

Cvent Staff
    Posted 06-29-2022 10:02
    Hi All,

We certainly never want our customers to have a negative experience, so we apologize for any frustrations from configuring this integration on Cvent or from migrating to the Salesforce App. I spoke with our integrations team, and there are no widespread data sync issues with Cvent's Salesforce App. Therefore, if you are experiencing these issues it seems associated to possible configuration issues such as record mismatching. We highly recommended speaking directly with our Tier 2 Integrations team at 866.318.4357 Option 1 (Event Cloud) > Option 1 (Events) > Option 4 (Integrations) or your success resource on your Cvent account team to work through the issue with you. 

I hope this helps!

Best,

Amanda Sidrak
    Senior Client Success Advisor
    Cvent

• 9.  RE: Salesforce Integrtion

User Group Member
    Posted 06-27-2022 18:22
    Hi,
    do you have the Salesforce App or the legacy Connector integration?

Nadine Demyanovich
    Marketing Analyst
    Illumina, Inc.

• 10.  RE: Salesforce Integrtion

Posted 06-28-2022 12:07
    We are using the Salesforce App, we are new to Cvent, so I'm not familiar with the legacy connector.

Jeff Comeau

• 11.  RE: Salesforce Integrtion

Posted 09-30-2022 12:40
    @Jeff Comeau @Tim Jones
    I went through all of these same issues earlier this year and there are still some problems. This is the full response I eventually received from our Success person at Cvent:

Regarding the issue with attendees in Invitation Pending status not updating, our technology team and developers were able to find the root cause. These invitees used to have a contact in the Cvent address book before, but at some point, their contact record was deleted in the Cvent address book. However, the Salesforce contacts and leads still exist with the old contact stub. When the new contact was created in Cvent by being invited to the event, the app couldn't sync the status properly because the attendee records in Salesforce still have the old contact stubs.

Per our developer, this is a known limitation when planners delete contact records in the Cvent address book. In the most recent release, package version 6.1, there is a new "Cvent contact delete" field to indicate if a Cvent contact has been removed from the address book: https://developers.cvent.com/cvent-salesforce-app-6-1-release/. Our team also provided a list of all email address from all contacts that have been deleted from your account that I can provide if you'd like.

There are two options moving forward:

• Keep the existing Salesforce leads/contacts with the old Cvent contact stub, knowing this limitation moving forward and manually update the contact stub if needed
    • Delete the Salesforce leads/contacts so new leads/contacts can be created with the new/valid contact stub
    ​Onto the next issue:

The other "Cvent event was not found during record matching" attendees were also part of that group of deleted contacts, just like the "Invitation Pending" attendees. Therefore, you can follow the same process that we talked about on Tuesday for updating their contact stubs and re-syncing the data.

Onto the next,next issue and after this paragraph from her - the conversation never came to a conclusion:

For the other three, it looks like they weren't created because of duplicate rules for your Salesforce instance. I checked the Attendee Temp Records for XXXX, and it looks like he got the message "Use one of these records?". For XXXX it looks like their attendee temp records each have a message of "You're creating a duplicate record. We recommend you use an existing record instead." Do they have more than one contact or lead?

I can say - as the person in charge of investigating these issues that we don't have duplicate contacts or leads as I merge them as I find them. What Cvent is severely lacking is a way to RESOLVE duplicates manually within the Attendee Temp Record Object. If I know there are duplicates based on our matching field (email), I know which Contact Stub I want to keep from Cvent and have matched it to it's Contact/Lead record, there should be no reason not to Merge them in order to push through the Attendee record. This is especially true if they were Attendees at more than one event and you want to keep both pieces of information. Alas, this simple logic goes unheard no matter who I'm talking to. 

#salesforceintegration #salesforce #syncissue​​​​​

Johanna Drzyzga
    Manager, Customer Relations
    Keystone DentalUnited States

• 12.  RE: Salesforce Integrtion

Posted 03-02-2023 13:23

Just commenting because we have been having synching issues as well. Following this thread now.

• 13.  RE: Salesforce Integrtion

Posted 03-02-2023 16:47
    Edited by Osman Erzinclioglu 03-02-2023 16:49

Just a comment here on a possible solution to the conflicting stub value for deleted records.

I think a triggered flow based on the "Cvent Contact Deleted" field might allow you to get around that synching issue.

Whenever that field is updated to "True" on a Contact, set the stub field to "null". (And create the same flow for the Lead.)

Not sure if you'd also have to set the "Cvent Contact Deleted" field itself to "False" or whether that would just occur when the record synchs, but you could test and figure out whether that's necessary.

Edit: Probably makes sense to set "Cvent Contact Deleted" to "False" in order to avoid the process being triggered again. (Or, at least exclude any records when the stub field is already null.)