Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Same Speaker 2 Roles - Not Appearing twice in VAH Speaker Tab

Posted 03-23-2023 16:02

Challenge:

• Speaker is a panel moderator for one session where we want him to have Panel Moderator at the front of his title and he is a regular speaker in another sessions.  
    • If we enter him as a speaker twice once with Panel Moderator in front of his title and another time with just his regular title, he shows up twice on the speaker tab in VAH
    • If we don't display his Panel Moderator on the website he does not show up in the session either.
    • There must be some setting that can fix this issue

#AttendeeHub

------------------------------
    Renee Corley
    Strategic Program Manager - Marketing Events
    Micro Focus (now OpenText) United States

• 2.  RE: Same Speaker 2 Roles - Not Appearing twice in VAH Speaker Tab

Cvent Staff
    Posted 03-27-2023 07:37

Hi Renee,

Hope you are doing well!

Regarding your query to assign two speaker roles to one speaker, I would like to inform that currently this functionality isn't available. And the only workaround we have for this is to create the speaker twice and that will show the speaker twice in the speaker list ( which you have already tested).

Apologies for the inconvenience. 

But, it certainly is a great feedback. I suggest you to post this on the 'Product Ideas' tab of Cvent community i.e. Cvent community > Participate > Product ideas > Add new or Upvote an existing idea. 

We encourage you to always submit your ideas or any challenges you face while working with the product. As it also helps our Product Development team to review the possibilities and if it works we may try to incorporate such changes in our future releases. 

Regards,
    Khushbu Gupta,
    Associate Quality Lead - Quality Team

Khushbu Gupta
    CventUnited States

• 3.  RE: Same Speaker 2 Roles - Not Appearing twice in VAH Speaker Tab

Posted 03-27-2023 09:24

Khushbu

Thanks for the information. Can you give me a link to the ideas section.  I looked for it the other day and could not locate it.

Renee Corley

(O) +1 469.206.9440 (M) +1 972.740.0111

renee.corley@microfocus.com

• 4.  RE: Same Speaker 2 Roles - Not Appearing twice in VAH Speaker Tab

Cvent Staff
    Posted 03-27-2023 11:48

Hi Renee,

Thank you for your understanding!

The community link will vary from account to account based on the user. Here is the path which you can follow to add product ideas on community.

Login to your Cvent account > Events home page > Click on '?' icon on top right > select Cvent community > Once community opens up > click 'Participate' > Product idea > Add new or Upvote an existing idea. 

Also, if you feel my response has helped you, please indicate the same by marking it as 'best answer'. Doing so gives a response visibility and in turn helps the fellow users get the answers to their questions as well. 

Regards,
    Khushbu Gupta,
    Associate Quality Lead - Quality Team

Khushbu Gupta
    CventUnited States

• 5.  RE: Same Speaker 2 Roles - Not Appearing twice in VAH Speaker Tab

Cvent Staff
    Posted 04-03-2023 13:51

Hi @Renee Corley , direct link to product ideas for future reference - https://community.cvent.com/ideas

Daniel Marotta
    Senior Manager
    Cvent Community Team

• 6.  RE: Same Speaker 2 Roles - Not Appearing twice in VAH Speaker Tab

Cvent Staff
    Posted 03-27-2023 15:29

Hi Renee,

Do you just want it to show in Attendee Hub that he is a Panel Moderator just during the session that he is a moderator for? Assuming that these sessions aren't happening at the same time since he can't be two places at once, could you use 1 speaker record and adjust his title to be Panel Moderator when its time for the session he is moderating for and then change it back to his regular title for the other sessions he is just a regular speaker for? Just trying to think of any potential workarounds here! 

Julia Plymack
    Client Success Manager
    Cvent