Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Sessions and Subsession in Event Registration? Any suggestions?

Posted 3 days ago
    Edited by Chris Jannes 3 days ago

At our event, we allow our attendees to choose Spa appointments. We have openings at 1PM, 2PM, 3PM, and 4PM and for each of those times, our attendees can choose a massage, facial, or mani/pedi. There are limited slots for each service.

I could create every possibility as a session (4 time slots X 3 services = 12 sessions). Or, I could not use sessions. I could use a registration question and sub-question, but if I do that, I can't keep track of the number of available slots (we used to be able to do this way back when we were RegOnline customers belier we had to migrate to Cvent). I don't want to purchase the Appointments add on, and I'm not sure it would work as I need. 

Open to any/all suggestions. Thank you!

• 2.  RE: Sessions and Subsession in Event Registration? Any suggestions?

Posted 22 hours ago

I am in the same boat you are unfortunately. If there is this ideal fix I haven't found it yet. But what I have done is created a session for massage, facial, mani/pedi and then I put the capacity on those sessions. In each session I have them rank their preferred times using a specific session question. About a week before I go create all the appointments- some people don't get their first time choice but I have to make it very clear on the sign up that your time can be anywhere between 1-4(example). If someone has the wisdom for a better way I would love to hear it as well. 

------------------------------
    Justina Hulen [Designation]
    Events Director
    RSLC
    ------------------------------