Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Sessions - Included and Optional

Posted 07-26-2022 09:38
    I have a meeting that will have Included and Optional Sessions and I'm trying to figure out the best way to set it up.  Example:  Topic:  Attracting Talent would be an included session for all attendees and we want to split the group to attend either the 2:30 or 3:45 session for this topic.  The rest of the group would attend any other Optional session during those times.  What is the best way to set this up?  Included session with capacity limit?  Once it reached capacity would it allow invitees to choose and Optional session?  Trying to avoid assigning sessions after registration closes.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

#Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Donna Powell
    Distribution Strategies Project Leader
    Selective Insurance of AmericaUnited States

• 2.  RE: Sessions - Included and Optional

Cvent Staff
    Posted 07-28-2022 10:19
    Hi Donna,

I would recommend making two optional sessions with capacities, one at each time. That way, once one fills up, than everyone will need to register for the second one. You can also set an advance rule on the two sessions saying that they must select a session out of the two assigned, that way making it required for all people. The article below explains how to set up advanced rules:
    https://support.cvent.com/s/communityarticle/Creating-Advanced-Rules?searchFor=advanced%20rules&lang=en_US

Thank you!

Erica Wise
    Senior Client Success Manager