Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Standardized Time Zones?

Posted 26 days ago

Is there a reason Cvent has opted not to use more standard naming conventions in its time zones? Our organization operates internationally, and it is both confusing and embarrassing when the time zone names used on my events do not match the names used in the region. 

This has become particularly apparent in the Middle East where standardized time zones such as Gulf Standard Time are represented as "Arabian" which becomes even more confusing given that the standardized Arabia Standard Time time zone is referred to in Cvent as "Arab."

I think it would be advantageous for Cvent to adopt one of the internationally recognized standards. For example: IANA's public domain standard

Can Cvent please use the standard internationally-recognized naming conventions? 

#EventApp

------------------------------
    Cameron Wheeler

• 2.  RE: Standardized Time Zones?

Posted 25 days ago

Hi Cameron,

Thank you for your question, we appreciate the feedback you've shared. 

Have you tried changing the language in the language management section of your event or account? Please see below for the example on the event level:

This lives under marketing > language management. If you'd like to change this on the account level, navigate to admin > data lists > languages. This gives you the option to update the language on the event or account level.

I hope this helps! Please give our customer care team a call if you need further assistance.

Sydney Langer
    CSA
    Cvent