Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Table Assignments

Posted 12-07-2022 08:50
    There needs to be a way to pull in individual table assignments into either the profile or the session on the app
    #EventApp

------------------------------
    Christine Rocco
    Director, Events
    Cengage Learning , IncUnited States

• 2.  RE: Table Assignments

Cvent Staff
    Posted 12-08-2022 06:34
    Hi Christine,

Hope you are well!

We have a few workarounds available to pull in individual table assignments into either the profile or the session on the app, but currently there is no direct way to achieve the same.

The workarounds also has a caveat i.e., you will only be able to use it if you are comfortable attendee being able to see each other's table information. 

1. You can create internal information question (for e.g., Table assignment) and once you have the information of all attendees in an excel you can import it in the Cvent application. Once you have imported the internal information question you can add the filter on the attendee list page. Please follow the steps below to add the filters:
    Event > Attendee hub > Website and App > Features > Community > Add filters (in front of Attendee list) > Select the internal information question from the drop-down. 

Please refer to the following article to create and import internal information questions:

Creating Internal Information Questions
    https://support.cvent.com/s/communityarticle/Creating-Internal-Information-Questions?is_article=true&lang=en_US&searchFor=internal%20information&page=1

Importing Internal Information Answers
    https://support.cvent.com/s/communityarticle/Importing-Internal-Information-Answers?is_article=true&lang=en_US&searchFor=internal%20information&page=1

NOTE:
     - I have added a screenshot of the filters and how it will be displayed on the attendee list.
     - If the attendee choose to hide their profile this information will not be visible.
    You can also give a read to the following article to get more insight about attendee list:

Attendee Hub Attendee List Overview
    https://support.cvent.com/s/communityarticle/Attendee-Hub-Attendee-List-Overview?is_article=true&lang=en_US&searchFor=adding%20filters%20on%20attendee%20list&page=1

2. You can add this information in the headline or bio section of an invitee. Please follow the steps to do the same.

Event > Attendees > Attendee list >  Click on the invitees name > Edit > Update details. Currently, there is no bulk way to do this.

NOTE: I have added the screen shot for both Headline and Bio Section as to how it will be displayed.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
    Khushbu Gupta
    Associate Quality Lead - Quality Team

Khushbu Gupta
    CventUnited States

• 3.  RE: Table Assignments

Posted 12-09-2022 08:20
    Hi there - I recently had to use this workaround for a filter I needed in the app.  Can you clarify that type of question that needs to be used?  I had to use a choice question - would that be the same in the case of seating plans?  And if it's a large dinner (40 tables for example) will cvent allow that many choices?

Heather Payne
    Director, Conference & Event Marketing
    RBC Dominion Securities, Inc.Canada

• 4.  RE: Table Assignments

Cvent Staff
    Posted 12-12-2022 01:20
    Hi Heather,

Hope you are well!

We are required to use the choice question for this workaround as you rightly suggested. About the number of choices, we can add more than 1000 choices for an internal information question and it displays as a filter too on attendee hub.

I hope this helps. Please mark my response as best response if you feel this information was useful to you.

Regards,
    Khushbu Gupta
    Associate Quality Lead - Quality Team

Khushbu Gupta
    CventUnited States

• 5.  RE: Table Assignments

User Group Member
    Posted 01-20-2023 18:16
    Hi,  I had a question about seating and table assignments. 

I know internally we can assign seating and table numbers to registrants. I am wondering if it is possible to have registrants access and edit this during their registration/check out process? I want them to see and choose where they sit, as well as see what tables are sold out. We are selling tickets by table and not individually so I want the lead registrant to add names and email address to tables themselves. 

Is this doable on Cvent? 

Thank you in advance. Any help is appreciated! 
    -Gabrielle

Gabrielle Barrese
    Crain CommunicationsUnited States