Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Track RSVP prior to event opening

Posted 19 days ago

Hi -

Does anyone have a workaround for creating a RSVP yes and RSVP no tracking system - within the Save The Date email - before the event has gone live?  We want to send a true STD email, give them a calendar link to block their dates, and if they already know they cannot attend on those dates, click a decline of some sort.  Is there a way to do this other than giving them an email link to click and send?  Being able to track those who would RSVP as yes would be a bonus!

#Events+
    #Registration
    #ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Michele Runge
    Travel Planner & OnSite Director
    Daikin Comfort Technologies North America, Inc.United States

• 2.  RE: Track RSVP prior to event opening

Posted 19 days ago

We've also been trying to find an effective and cost efficient way of collecting yes/no RSVP's from a save the date. We have used event survey's before to collect responses with-in CVent and then created actual invitation lists based on those responses. Open to learning what others do for this as well.

Maria Klingaman
    Manager, Digital Design
    Internova Travel GroupUnited States

• 3.  RE: Track RSVP prior to event opening

Posted 15 days ago

Maria,

Thought I'd share some brainstorming I had with one of the Cvent Support staff, Danveer Kochhar.  As not all of the clients/accounts I work on have Premier Surveys, we were hoping to find a different resolution. 

Here was one idea:  Make the Website Live.  Create a page with Regret wording.   Enable Click-Tracking in the Save The Date email.  Build a Regret button that goes to the appropriate URL for your Regret Page on the Website. You would not be able to ask questions (like why they are not attending) but you could track who went to the page with your Click-Track reports.  You can also also track the Add To Calendar buttons for those who would be attending (with verbiage asking Invitees to add it to their calendar if they are participating).  This allows you to still build out various Registration Paths and be in Test Mode until you are ready to open that aspect of the event.

Another option: Open Registration and use the Regret Page in the email link.  For an RSVP of Yes, you could (with the Website also live) take them to a page that gives them some teaser information about when Registration will be open.  The challenge with this option is you loose the ability to test Registration Paths later.  However the pro is you do not have to look at a click-track report to find and update your Invitation List.  The Declines will automatically track.  

Thought these were viable options.

Michele Runge

• 4.  RE: Track RSVP prior to event opening

Posted 17 days ago

Hi Michele,

Hope you are well!

Currently the best way is to create a survey and add the link in the email to track who would RSVP as yes and for RSVP no by creating a choice question in the survey if they would be attending the event or not. And then getting the responses via the report. Since your account has Survey feature, you can also create a standalone survey open to the invitees who are not yet registered for the event.

However, I understand your perspective and apologize for any inconvenience. But, it sounds like a great feedback. I suggest you to post this as an Idea/feedback for our product team by going to Cvent Community > Participate > Product Ideas. 

We encourage you to always submit your ideas or any challenges you face while working with the product. As it also help our Product Development team to review the possibilities and if it works we may try to incorporate such changes in our future releases. 
    You can also refer to the following article for your reference :
    I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Raashi Semwal Khati
    Senior Quality Analyst
    Cvent

• 5.  RE: Track RSVP prior to event opening

Posted 15 days ago

Thanks for the update Raashi.  I worked with Danveer on Friday and in the end, we are using a Premium Survey.  While it's a but clunky to have go back to the event and update the Invitation List manually, the ability to test our Registration Paths is more important.

Michele Runge