Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Using Admission Items for registrants to choose time zone to view virtual event in?

Posted 11-08-2022 12:52
    We have a 4 hour virtual event on one day that will run in two time zones that are 6 time zones apart.  We were thinking of using admission items as a question "Will you be viewing the event in Central European Time or Central Daylight Time (North America)? The registrant would select one of the two time zones from a drop down and when they join the Virtual Attendee Hub only the sessions in their selected time zone would appear.  We are re-running the same sessions so trying to avoid any potential confusion.
    #EventApp-Building/managing
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents
    #ManagingVirtualEvents

------------------------------
    Renee Corley
    Strategic Program Manager - Marketing Events
    Micro Focus United States

• 2.  RE: Using Admission Items for registrants to choose time zone to view virtual event in?
    Best Answer

Cvent Staff
    Posted 11-14-2022 08:31
    Hi Renee,

Hope you are well!

As you know, admission item is basically a virtual ticket to an event and every invitee has to have one in order to be registered for the event. You can certainly use admission item for the registrants to choose their time zone (you will have to name your admission item in such way). 

Regarding the display of the sessions in virtual attendee hub website an invitee will only be able to view those sessions which are made available for their registration type (If you are using registration types) or based on the sessions made available under the advanced settings of an admission item. 

Please follow the instructions below to review the settings mentioned above:
    Login to Cvent > Event > Registration > Admission item > Click on the respective admission item >  Advanced settings tab >  Availability > Select which sessions are available for the attendee who select the admission item. 

The time zone of an event and its sessions gets pulled from the time zone selected in the event information. 

Regarding re-running the session, I am understanding that you have created multiple sessions which are are pre-recorded in nature, made available under the respective admission item. Let me know if the set-up varies, so that I can assist accordingly. 

Also, you can review the following article to get more insight on this:

Limiting Options Based on Admission Items
    https://support.cvent.com/s/communityarticle/Limiting-Options-Based-on-Admission-Items?searchFor=session%20based%20on%20admission%20item&lang=en_US

You can also review the following article if you would like the invitees to see the session time, in their time zone:

How can my invitees view my event in their devices' time zone?
    https://support.cvent.com/s/communityarticle/How-can-my-invitees-view-my-event-in-their-devices-time-zone?searchFor=time%20zone&lang=en_US

Managing Your Flex Event's Time Zone
    https://support.cvent.com/s/communityarticle/Managing-Your-Flex-Event-s-Time-Zone

I hope this helps! 

Regards,
    Khushbu Gupta
    Associate Quality Lead - Quality Team

Khushbu Gupta
    CventUnited States

• 3.  RE: Using Admission Items for registrants to choose time zone to view virtual event in?

Posted 11-28-2022 18:31
    Very helpful reply.  Follow-up question is how the Cvent system displays Central European Time in the summer.  Is it displayed CEDT for Central European Daylight Time or CEST for Central European Summer Time.  I know it adjust automatically but I am trying to be consistent on the registration form for an event at the end of March 2023.

Renee Corley
    Strategic Program Manager - Marketing Events
    Micro FocusUnited States

• 4.  RE: Using Admission Items for registrants to choose time zone to view virtual event in?

Cvent Staff
    Posted 11-29-2022 02:50
    Hi Renee,

I am glad I was able to help!

Cvent system displays Central European time as CET and it will adjust automatically based on the change in time i.e., Daylight saving. Since, yours is a virtual event the time zone selected in event information section is the area from where all the information is being pulled.

I Cvent any time zone which uses daylight saving time will adjust automatically. It will also display a little note when you select a time zone for your event in the 'Event Information' question. I have attached a screenshot for your reference. 

In addition, if you would like to display the time zone on your event website and would like it to display as CEST, you make the changes in 'Language Management' section of the event. Please follow the steps below to make the changes:

Event > Marketing > Language Management > Search with CET > Click on the pencil icon > Enter 'CEST' in the custom text section > Click on the floppy icon to save. The changes will reflect on the frontend in all places where CET is used. I have attached a screenshot for this section as well.

Also, you can review the following article to get more insight on this:

Customizing Text
    https://support.cvent.com/s/communityarticle/Customizing-Text?is_article=true&lang=en_US&searchFor=Language%20management&page=1

Language Management Cheat Sheet
    https://support.cvent.com/s/communityarticle/Language-Management-Cheat-Sheet?is_article=true&lang=en_US&searchFor=Language%20management&page=1

If this information has helped you get the required information, I encourage you to indicate the same by marking my response as "Best Answer.

Regards,
    Khushbu Gupta

Khushbu Gupta
    CventUnited States