Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Deleting Contact Profiles/Impact on Events

Posted 02-13-2018 11:13

If I delete contacts from the address book, does it also remove them from any events? 

Also, does anyone have a work-around for fully deleting registrants on the event level, if the above is false. Registrants meaning people who have RSVP'ed in some way. 

• 2.  RE: Deleting Contact Profiles/Impact on Events

Posted 02-13-2018 12:24
    My only workaround is to substitute the original attendee for a new, correct one. Otherwise, the original attendee will show up on all reports as Unregistered. 

I had to do this for a recent event where I forgot I wasn't in Test mode and registered "Erin 123." 

Hopefully someone else can chime in about deleting contacts at the contact level.

• 3.  RE: Deleting Contact Profiles/Impact on Events

Posted 02-13-2018 15:16
    Hi all,

If you delete a contact from the address book it does not remove them from the event at the same time; however, it does remove the link from the invitee record (event-level) to the contact record (address book-level), because the contact record does not exist anymore. This results in what we call an "orphan contact." This means that you will be unable to run any contact-level event history or reports related to this invitee.

Because of this, we never recommend deleting a contact from the address book.

If someone has registered for your event, you are unable to delete them from the event. This is because they have that registration data tied to them, allowing you to run reports on no-shows or cancelled registrants. If someone registers for your event and can no longer attend, they should move to cancelled status.

Best,
    Julia

• 4.  RE: Deleting Contact Profiles/Impact on Events

User Group Member
    Posted 05-23-2023 03:47

Please could you advise how we remove an individual's full data record? E.g. if a delegate passes away or leaves an organisation? You can delete from the address book, but do not seem to be able to remove from the attendee list. Their data including email address, it is still visible in the reporting and attendee list. 

Many thanks
    Melanie

------------------------------
    Melanie Wood
    United Bible SocietiesUnited Kingdom
    ------------------------------

• 5.  RE: Deleting Contact Profiles/Impact on Events

Community MVP
    Posted 02-13-2018 22:08
    Erin, don't forget you can filter unregistered from reports. All my reports look for accepted.