Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Discount Code Registrants receiving customised confirmation emails

Posted 05-12-2017 01:26
    Hi
    I was wondering if anyone has been able to do a work around for the following?
    I have 2 methods of payment for registration and based on how a registrant pays determines the content they receive in the confirmation email.Usually information about how to pay if by invoice or thanking them for their credit card details if by credit card. I would like to now introduce discount codes for Sponsors to give to clients which requires different content again (as I don't want to mention invoicing or credit cards) but the system does not recognise this as a payment type and therefore I cannot create additional customised content for this. Also, i don't know who the sponsors will give their discounts to before registering so I cannot create another invitation list to receive emails? Anyone run events similarly and found a way around this?

• 2.  RE: Discount Code Registrants receiving customised confirmation emails

Posted 05-12-2017 15:05
    Hi Shannon,

Unfortunately, there is not a specific Advanced Filter in which you could only apply to those who used a discount code.

However, you could include certain data tags within the email content, such as the Orders Payments, which appears as a table displaying all detail of the specific order and payment.

An additional question I have is how exactly are your Sponsors providing the clients the discount codes? If they were providing an actual weblink, you could create a weblink with a specific Reference ID only for those who will be receiving the discount, and then set an Advanced Filter within the email to only be sent to those who meet the Reference ID criteria. 

Please let me know if there is any additional information I should be aware of in order to assist you further, or if you have remaining questions on this.

Best,
    Danni 

• 3.  RE: Discount Code Registrants receiving customised confirmation emails

Posted 05-14-2017 18:42
    Hi Danielle
    To provide sponsors the discount codes, I was just planning on emailing them through so a weblink with a reference ID would be good although I am unclear as to how this is done-when creating discount codes can you generate an associated weblink? I would also need a bit more guidance in applying the advanced filter option as I have a standard email as the confirmation email that I never need to and don't want to alter the content b/c of the coding it contains for certain payment types. I have developed a 2nd invitation list to enable changing of content in the confirmation email for this purpose so that could work, just need to check out the filter options.
    Thanks! Look forward to hearing back from you re: creation of weblink.

• 4.  RE: Discount Code Registrants receiving customised confirmation emails

Posted 06-28-2022 22:15
    Shannon,  

I know this thread is very outdated but I am searching for a similar option. Curious to know if you were able to figure a way to do this?

------------------------------
    Jenna Hill
    Crossroads Coordinator
    Artia SolutionsUnited States
    ------------------------------

• 5.  RE: Discount Code Registrants receiving customised confirmation emails

Posted 05-16-2017 10:48
    Edited by Daniel Marotta 07-31-2023 15:31

Hi Shannon,

To create specific weblinks, you can navigate to Promotion & Communication > Weblinks > Create Weblink > Enter a name, a unique Reference ID, select the Landing Page or Registration Path > Click Save. 

The next step would be creating a Custom Email within Promotion & Communication > Event Emails, because you can only apply Advanced Filters to Custom Emails. Once the email is created, you can navigate to the Advanced Settings tab and set the filter to be Field: Reference ID, Operator: equals, Value: the Reference ID you entered. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this setup.

Best,
    Danni