Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Placing GTM on my Cvent Site

Posted 09-21-2021 16:25
      |   view attached

Hi! Has anyone else had trouble getting their GTM container to render on Cvent? I had a call with support yesterday and they said it was correct. I spoke with Google this morning and they are saying that there is something missing form the Cvent side. I have placed it code snippet section and have added it to all website and registration pages. Google confirmed that my code is correct. I followed these instructions:

https://support.cvent.com/apex/CommunityArticle?id=000100462&Lang=en_US&searchTerm=google+analytics

I found this forum as well, but, there doesn't seem to be a resolution. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have attached a screenshot of what I am seeing. 

#Miscellaneous

------------------------------
    Marie Mason
    Scaled Agile, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Placing GTM on my Cvent Site

Posted 09-28-2021 14:05
    @Evan Ring Hi Evan! Do you happen to have any insight you could share with Marie? I recall you participating in a discussion on Google Analytics and GTM in the past and was hoping you may have some advice here.

Thanks in advance!

Danni ​

Danni Czark
    Assistant Team Lead, Online Community Marketing
    Cvent

• 3.  RE: Placing GTM on my Cvent Site

Posted 09-28-2021 21:17
    @Marie Mason would you mind sharing the link to your event? I'd recommend adding the Google Tag Manager container installation code on your default (or all of your) website header or footer as a "code" widget in your event website. This is working for me.

Otherwise if they are code snippets CVENT automatically wraps them in <script> tags and the <noscript> part doesn't work I believe.

I think the support article led you the wrong direction and might be dated before FLEX and code widgets. There is probably a way to use those code snippets but I haven't figured it out.

CC @Danielle Czark

Evan Ring
    Marketing Manager
    Dow Jones & Co., Inc

• 4.  RE: Placing GTM on my Cvent Site

Posted 05-12-2022 10:46
    After hours of searching and testing, I finally figured out how to add GTM to a Flex event and get it to fire correctly to load the container, fire off page views and a reg conversion event. To save everyone else time, here was my setup:

This one goes in a snippet with the type Initialization:
    /* initialization snippet */
    (function(w,d,s,l,i){w[l]=w[l]||[];w[l].push({'gtm.start':
    new Date().getTime(),event:'gtm.js'});var f=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0],
    j=d.createElement(s),dl=l!='dataLayer'?'&l='+l:'';j.async=true;j.src=
    'https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtm.js?id='+i+dl;f.parentNode.insertBefore(j,f);
    })(window,document,'script','dataLayer','GTM-YOUR CONTAINER CODE HERE');
    /* end initialization snippet */

This one goes in a snippet with the type All website and registration pages:
    /* pageview snippet */
    dataLayer.push({
    'event': 'cvent_page_view'
    });
    /* end pageview snippet */

This one goes in a snippet with the type Registration conversions:
    /* reg conversion snippet */
    dataLayer.push({
    'event': 'reg_complete'
    });
    /* reg conversion snippet */

Here is the the export of the GTM container that I created to handle pushing the pageviews and registration complete event to GTM. It works for both UA and G4. All you have to do is import and update the IDs with your values (or replace with your settings/config variables). Hopefully no one else will have to spend hours trying to figure this out!

Jennifer Bissex
    Maritz