Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Aa a Guest Button grayed out

Posted 03-17-2022 10:00
    Hi!

I am trying to figure out why my ADD A GUEST button is grayed out on certain reg paths of my page.  I have the maximum guest allowed set to 10, I have reg type options associated to the path, and I have the guest widget BEFORE the activity selection. I have never seen the button grayed out so not sure what the cause is.  Any help is appreciated! Thank you!
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Amanda Hellen
    Babson College Project Management Office Advancement

• 2.  RE: Aa a Guest Button grayed out

Posted 03-18-2022 08:57
    Hi Amanda, 
    Do you have an admission item set up for the guests?

Lauren Becker
    Web Content Coordinator
    Aflac

• 3.  RE: Aa a Guest Button grayed out

Community MVP
    Posted 03-18-2022 09:28
    I have a client that is experience something similar to this and sometimes it is on the front end and other times it is on the back end for the planner. I believe there is a work around right now for it. I would create a case and mention there is an open case with a similar issue and have it escalated to the technology team. They should be able to give you the work around until there is a permanent fix in place.

Lindsay Buchanan
    Meetings Management Consultant
    Intent Strategy Group (A Division of M&IW)
    M +1 262.488.4537
    lbuchanan@meetings-incentives.com

• 4.  RE: Aa a Guest Button grayed out

Posted 07-14-2022 11:58
    Hi! I'm having the SAME issue right now- did you get a workaround for this? Thank you!!

Lisa Flynn
    IT Systems Analyst
    LBM AdvantageUnited States

• 5.  RE: Aa a Guest Button grayed out

Posted 07-14-2022 13:09
    You may need to add the Guest registration type to the Admission item(s).

Lauren Becker
    Event Technology Coordinator
    Aflac

• 6.  RE: Aa a Guest Button grayed out

Posted 11-18-2022 16:27
    Hello- I'm getting the add a guest grayed out button again I have the guest reg type for each path here as well! Last time it just cleared up on it's own, but now tis' happening again.

Lisa Flynn
    IT Systems Analyst

• 7.  RE: Aa a Guest Button grayed out

Community MVP
    Posted 11-18-2022 20:33
    Does your admission item allow for your guest reg type?
    I run into this all the time when building a registration.

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 8.  RE: Aa a Guest Button grayed out

Posted 11-30-2022 09:53
    It does,  the Admission item is Titanium (sponsorships) and it has Titanium and Titanium guest there... this is so frustrating- any other ideas?

Lisa Flynn
    IT Systems Analyst

• 9.  RE: Aa a Guest Button grayed out

Posted 11-30-2022 11:35
    Hi Lisa,

Sorry I don't remember how this concluded but have you come across this article yet? It gives a few solutions to try, I hope one helps!

https://support.cvent.com/s/communityarticle/My-invitees-are-unable-to-add-guests-What-do-I-do?is_article=true&lang=en_US&searchFor=add%20a%20guest&page=1

Amanda Hellen
    Assistant Director, Events
    Babson College Project Management Office AdvancementUnited States

• 10.  RE: Aa a Guest Button grayed out

Posted 12-01-2022 07:48
    Lisa, I had this same issue on one of my sites starting on 11/17.  Site had been launched for weeks, worked just fine, and I was down to my last three invitees left to register, and all three of them had the grayed out button for the guests.  Ended up putting in a support ticket - after a couple of days, support came back and said it was resolved - it wasn't.   I ended up able to register these invitees and their guests on the backend (which then did work), even though on the front end these three people were still seeing the grayed out button.  Went through the whole rigamarole with the invitees of clearing browser caches, etc., and none of that worked for them.  Support eventually got back to me, but since at this point I'd manually registered my remaining invitees, there were no longer any unregistered invitees to investigate, so they closed the case.  I did let them know that technically the problem wasn't fixed, and that I'd seen this thread in Community about the issue happening to others.  If I were you, I'd call support and put in a ticket, and hopefully they can figure out what's happening to random accounts, and fix it.   At the time I also had two other open events, and the same issue was not happening in either of those.   Good luck!

Lisa Hutchins
    Director of Technology
    Global Image United States