Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Speaker Bio formatting?

Posted 02-04-2020 08:55
    Is it possible to format text in speaker bios in flex? I've got a speaker who has written several books and the titles need to be italicized, but there's no formatting toolbar, and html coding didn't work.
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Susan patton
    Membership and Events Director
    Association of University Presses

• 2.  RE: Speaker Bio formatting?

Posted 02-06-2020 16:32
    Hi Susan,

Thanks for your post! At this time, it is not possible to format the text in the Speaker Bios in Flex. This is great feedback, however, and I would suggest submitting this as an idea in the Ideation section of the Community for other users to up-vote if they agree. 

Best,
    Danni

Danni Czark
    Lead Client Success Advisor
    Cvent

• 3.  RE: Speaker Bio formatting?

Community MVP
    Posted 02-07-2020 06:35
    Susan, our event builder told us to do this you'd have to custom build the page.  This means you would have to keep the page updated through Website and registration and the bios wouldn't pull from the speaker bio section. Its more work but its a more customized outcome.

Maribeth Bluyus
    Edelman Financial Engines

• 4.  RE: Speaker Bio formatting?

Posted 08-12-2022 15:21
    I actually just called the Help desk to ask this question.  I wanted to put bullets in my Speakers bio.  Was told it can't be done.  Came to the forum, and I guess nothing's been done on this and the last comment was in 2020.

Donna Powell
    Distribution Strategies Project Leader
    Selective Insurance of AmericaUnited States

• 5.  RE: Speaker Bio formatting?

User Group Member
    Posted 08-15-2022 14:36

The speaker module definitely needs some improvements. In addition to an HTML editor, it really needs:

• the ability to export the list of speakers and their bios, photos, links, etc.
    • a way to automatically alphabetize them rather than having to drag and drop manually
    • ability to sync back and forth between contact records, so you don't have to make changes multiple times

Krysten Bennett
    Communications & Technology Director
    Ohio Veterinary Medical Association
    United States

• 6.  RE: Speaker Bio formatting?

Posted 08-16-2022 08:04
    I have similar issues - and with a number of our speakers having extensive bios - we are finding the 2500 characters limit to be problematic (as it counts both characters you see and html which you don't).  We do build custom pages, but that means the speaker library is useless.

Heather Payne
    Director, Conference & Event Marketing
    RBC Dominion Securities, Inc.Canada