Open Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Starting a New - Introduce yourself

• 1.  Starting a New - Introduce yourself

Cvent Staff
    Posted 02-14-2022 11:20
    Edited by Megan Clark 09-11-2023 17:47
    The Cvent Community is a space curated for and by your peers who use the Cvent platform. There are so many learners in this community that we think it's important to create a space for you to share a little more about who you are and all the cool things you - yes you - are working on! Let's use this opportunity to connect and learn about each other. In the spirit of connecting with others, let's re-initiate our "Introduce yourself" thread. We have recently opened up the community for our Cvent Event Diagramming users. We hope that this thread will help you familiarize yourself with the Open Forum and get to know others within the Community. I'll go first:  

• Company and location of where you work? I work for Cvent and am based out in Cvent India Office
    • What is your industry and profession? I work in the customer marketing team as an Online Community marketer
    • What is your favorite part of your work? The best part of my work is to help & guide the industry professionals with the relevant resources and to help them through their customer journey and learn from their experiences through the forums
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute? My goal is to make sure that you find all the resources you are looking for in the Community & help keep the interaction going.

Now, it's your turn. Copy these bullets below, click the "Reply Inline" button, paste, and respond.  

• Company and location of where you work?  
    • What is your industry and profession? 
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  

We look forward to seeing everyone's responses and questions! #HuddleoftheWeek #VoiceIt

#Miscellaneous
    #Cvent Event Diagramming

------------------------------
    Megha Jetley
    Assistant Manager,
    Cvent Marketing Department

• 2.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

Community MVP
    Posted 02-16-2022 08:59
    • Company and location of where you work?  Westin Tampa Bay 
    • What is your industry and profession? Hospitality
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  People, participating in creating a amazing event for clients
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  I like continuing to learning new things and understanding the perspective from the planners side.  I would like to participate and network more in the community. 

Colleen Beck
    Director of Sales & Marketing
    The Westin Tampa Bay

• 3.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 03-25-2022 10:28
    Welcome! You should come to our user community zoom. The Cvent user groups will give you a place to connect and learn with industry professionals and Cvent users, just like you. These are customer driven groups that provide a collaborative space for networking, thought leadership, knowledge swapping, and maximizing Cvent usage. The user groups will give you the space to connect how you want to and on the topics that are most important to you. To request a new User Group

https://web.cvent.com/event/286867f5-2185-4f17-9d53-6beaf6ff2fc9/regProcessStep1

Melissa Scott
    Experience Design Manager
    Forum for Theological Exploration

• 4.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

Posted 02-16-2022 09:11
      • I work for Visit Lubbock in Lubbock, Texas
      • I am the Director of Sales for the DMO in Lubbock, Texas.
      • I love promoting this wonderful city and knowing that my work directly benefits my community.
      • I love the advice that is shared in this community and knowing it is a place where I can come ask questions.

Amy Zientek
    Director Of Sales
    Visit Lubbock The Convention and Visitors Bureau

• 5.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 02-16-2022 20:56
    • Company and location of where you work?  California Joint Powers Insurance Authority, La Palma, California
    • What is your industry and profession?  Self-insurance shared risk pool.  Knowledge worker.
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  Helping staff and members grow in their practice of risk management

What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  Am simply watching for helpful ideas to make using Cvent that much better.  I'll contribute my knowledge.

• 6.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 03-25-2022 10:29
    Welcome! You should come to our user community zoom on March 29. The Cvent user groups will give you a place to connect and learn with industry professionals and Cvent users, just like you. These are customer driven groups that provide a collaborative space for networking, thought leadership, knowledge swapping, and maximizing Cvent usage. The user groups will give you the space to connect how you want to and on the topics that are most important to you. To request a new User Group

https://web.cvent.com/event/286867f5-2185-4f17-9d53-6beaf6ff2fc9/regProcessStep1

Melissa Scott

• 7.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

Community MVP
    Posted 02-17-2022 02:13
    • Company and location of where you work?  ETC (Electronic Theatre Controls) Middleton, Wisconsin
    • What is your industry and profession? We're a theatrical lighting manufacturer. I'm a Training Program Coordinator. 
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  I enjoy learning new tools and helping to create awesome events
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  I enjoy learning new things and helping answer questions from other users. I hope to be able to contribute & network more.

Ginger Swart
    Training Program Coordinator
    Electronic Theatre Controls, Inc.

• 8.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 02-17-2022 07:58
    • Company and location of where you work?   AIIM (Association for Intelligent Information Management), and based in the UK
    • What is your industry and profession?  We are an association, and my role is COO, with a concentration in events, membership, and training
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  Variation! But I love crafting experiences for our members and audiences, and do enjoy some event tech :) 
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  I love hearing Cvent hacks, and how everyone develops engagement and experiences using the platform - there is so much we can learn from each other.

Georgina Clelland
    COO
    Association for Intelligent Information Management

• 9.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

Posted 02-18-2022 09:18
    • Company and location of where you work?  Church's Chicken, Atlanta, GA 
    • What is your industry and profession? Food service, learning & development
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  working with corporate and field personnel to drive learning and development
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  all of the great tips and best practices for using Cvent tech, event management, and industry trends

Bouran Qaddumi
    Sr Manager, Training & Development
    Cajun Operating Company d/b/a Church's Chicken

• 10.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 03-25-2022 10:29
    you know we love churches chicken here in ATL. Welcome! You should come to our user community zoom on Match 29. The Cvent user groups will give you a place to connect and learn with industry professionals and Cvent users, just like you. These are customer driven groups that provide a collaborative space for networking, thought leadership, knowledge swapping, and maximizing Cvent usage. The user groups will give you the space to connect how you want to and on the topics that are most important to you. To request a new User Group

Melissa Scott

• 11.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 05-13-2022 12:46
    Hey there,

Where all do you host your learning and development? I'm really interested to know more about Church's Chicken offering this!

Teresa James
    Director of Sales and Marketing
    DoubleTree Gainesville

• 12.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 02-18-2022 11:41
    • Company and location of where you work?  Tata Consultancy Services, work remotely but based in NJ
    • What is your industry and profession? Technology consulting services, I work in brand management and events
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  Diversity of the tasks and projects I get to work on
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  Learn new things. Sometimes we push the boundaries of what the system can do and what we need so always nice to learn and get help from others using the system.

Rachel
    NJ

• 13.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

Posted 02-21-2022 09:11
      • BCD Meetings & Events - I work from home full-time in Temperance, MI
      • Travel/Meetings and Events and my title is Event Technology Developer, so I am constantly building sites in Cvent
      • Being part of a great team and contributing to amazing events. I also really enjoy working in Cvent.
      • I'm expecting to find creative ways that Cvent is being used and also for general troubleshooting. I plan on contributing by supplying my own findings in those areas.

Mike Nicol
    BCD Meetings & Events LLC

• 14.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 03-25-2022 10:30
    Mike we would love to have you join our cvent user groupo convo on march 29 .Welcome! You should come to our user community zoom. The Cvent user groups will give you a place to connect and learn with industry professionals and Cvent users, just like you. These are customer driven groups that provide a collaborative space for networking, thought leadership, knowledge swapping, and maximizing Cvent usage. The user groups will give you the space to connect how you want to and on the topics that are most important to you. To request a new User Group

Melissa Scott

• 15.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

Posted 02-21-2022 12:08
    • Company and location of where you work?  - eXp Realty, We all work remote and virtually, Im located in Fayetteville, AR
    • What is your industry and profession? - I work on the events team for exp realty, I am the Events Marketing Coordinator
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  - I love the flexibility of my job, working remotely allows for flexible schedule, and i love traveling and planning events with my team! 
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  - To meet new people, collect new concepts and ways of thinking, and growing my skill set! 

Jorja Johnston
    Marketing Event Coordinator
    eXp World Holdings

• 16.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 03-25-2022 10:30
    Welcome! You should come to our user community zoom march 29. The Cvent user groups will give you a place to connect and learn with industry professionals and Cvent users, just like you. These are customer driven groups that provide a collaborative space for networking, thought leadership, knowledge swapping, and maximizing Cvent usage. The user groups will give you the space to connect how you want to and on the topics that are most important to you. To request a new User Group

Melissa Scott

• 17.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

Community MVP
    Posted 02-21-2022 14:54
    I've been here so long I feel I've done this before. :)

• Company and location of where you work?  BMW Car Club of America, Greer (near Greenville) SC.
    • What is your industry and profession?  Social organization for BMW enthusiasts with close to 68,000 members. Registrar, event builder among other things.
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  Events. Building the registration, helping members, seeing the fruits of my labor come to life. And if no one calls with questions regarding the registration, I did my job. :)
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  Community members helping other members. I'm still learning from the questions I read. Best things I read are those who have figured how to make cvent work outside the box.

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 18.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 03-25-2022 10:31
    haha I love registration too! Welcome! You should come to our user community zoom March 29. The Cvent user groups will give you a place to connect and learn with industry professionals and Cvent users, just like you. These are customer driven groups that provide a collaborative space for networking, thought leadership, knowledge swapping, and maximizing Cvent usage. The user groups will give you the space to connect how you want to and on the topics that are most important to you. To request a new User Group

Melissa Scott

• 19.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

Community MVP
    Posted 02-21-2022 16:14
    Hello everyone!
    • Company and location of where you work?  The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
    • What is your industry and profession? Higher-Education
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  Either building events or having a training session with a new group to Cvent
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  Show up more often to contribute and help anyone I can.

James Rose | Senior Web Developer and Content Management
    Digital Infrastructure
    Office of University Development | University of Michigan

• 20.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 02-22-2022 09:41
    Good Morning.

• Company and location of where you work?  Duke University Alumni Engagement & Development, Durham, NC
    • What is your industry and profession? Higher Ed - Projects Coordinator, Special Events
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  I really enjoy the event build and email marketing process. It's always fun and challenging to determine the best way to put a group's registration needs into a website and emails.
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute? I don't expect anything from this group and yet I learn something new from all of you everyday. I contribute when I can, but am usually slower to respond.

Jeremy Houser
    Projects Coordinator
    Duke University

• 21.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 02-22-2022 09:53
    • Company and location of where you work?  Transplace | Frisco, TX
    • What is your industry and profession?  Logistics & Supply Chain, Corporate Events Manager
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  I work on a small, tight-knit marketing team and support a company of over 3k employees. Currently, I'm the only events manager and love the exposure and ability to work agnostically. 
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  I love being able to find and share best practices in our industry.

Rebecca Quinn
    Corporate Events Manager
    Transplace Texas, LP

• 22.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

Posted 02-22-2022 23:20
    • Company and location of where you work?  Open to work. Living in Denver, CO
    • What is your industry and profession?  Corp. meetings & events
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  Learning
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute? Learn, connect and contribute my knowledge and experience.

HALLIE Loeb
    Director of Meetings
    Travel and Transport

• 23.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 03-25-2022 10:32
    Hallie we would love you to join our cvent user group Welcome! You should come to our user community zoom march 29. The Cvent user groups will give you a place to connect and learn with industry professionals and Cvent users, just like you. These are customer driven groups that provide a collaborative space for networking, thought leadership, knowledge swapping, and maximizing Cvent usage. The user groups will give you the space to connect how you want to and on the topics that are most important to you. To request a new User Group

Melissa Scott

• 24.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

Community MVP
    Posted 02-23-2022 10:42
      • I work for a global tax consulting firm, DMA - DuCharme, McMillen & Associates, Inc. I work from home just outside of Nashville, but we do have a lovely office just 2 blocks off of Broadway that I occasionally work from. 
      • Professional Services - Tax Consulting. I work in marketing. 
      • I am a generalist and love learning new things and juggling lots of balls
      • I've been in the community for a couple of years now, and I have learned so much and have connected with some great people

Lori Wildman
    Marketing Director
    DuCharme, McMillen & Associates, Inc.

• 25.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 02-28-2022 23:27
    • Company and location of where you work?  AJC
    • What is your industry and profession? not-for-profit organization
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  Building event websites/registration and being part of the team that makes it all happen on site. 
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute? Love to pick up best practices tips and hope to contribute some

Bonnie

• 26.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 03-25-2022 10:33
    Bonnie! I love AJC!!!! Please consider attending our user group. Welcome! You should come to our user community zoom march 29. The Cvent user groups will give you a place to connect and learn with industry professionals and Cvent users, just like you. These are customer driven groups that provide a collaborative space for networking, thought leadership, knowledge swapping, and maximizing Cvent usage. The user groups will give you the space to connect how you want to and on the topics that are most important to you. To request a new User Group

Melissa Scott

• 27.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

Posted 03-02-2022 10:08
    • Company and location of where you work?  CDM Media HQ Scottsdale AZ, I work remotely near FT Lauderdale FL
    • What is your industry and profession?  Tech Marketing Events, I am the head of our IT organization.
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  Building useful things!
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  I hope to learn through the experience of others and share my knowledge where I can

Matt Capitao
    SVP Technology & Digital Services
    CDM Media

• 28.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 03-25-2022 10:33
    Matt, welcome! You should come to our user community zoom. The Cvent user groups will give you a place to connect and learn with industry professionals and Cvent users, just like you. These are customer driven groups that provide a collaborative space for networking, thought leadership, knowledge swapping, and maximizing Cvent usage. The user groups will give you the space to connect how you want to and on the topics that are most important to you. To request a new User Group

Melissa Scott

• 29.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

Cvent Staff
    Posted 03-17-2022 10:00
    Hi Megha / Hello Cvent Community!

• Company and location of where you work? I recently joined Cvent and am based out of Massachusetts, USA
    • What is your industry and profession? I am in the software industry, within the Marketing department, and am the Senior Manager on the Cvent Community Team
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  I enjoy supporting customers wherever they may be in their journey and making sure they receive the care, the answers, and the resources, they need and deserve to be successful within their roles and company.
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  I expect to learn from Cvent Community and promise to deliver exceptional Cvent Community experiences and I'll contribute by being a good listener and following through on my promise.

Daniel Marotta
    Senior Manager
    Cvent Community Team

• 30.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 03-25-2022 10:34
    Daniel, we would love to have you at ouser group meeting on the 29th of March. The Cvent user groups will give you a place to connect and learn with industry professionals and Cvent users, just like you. These are customer driven groups that provide a collaborative space for networking, thought leadership, knowledge swapping, and maximizing Cvent usage. The user groups will give you the space to connect how you want to and on the topics that are most important to you. To request a new User Group

Melissa Scott

• 31.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

Cvent Staff
    Posted 03-25-2022 11:17
    Melissa, I'll be there! I registered for the event, although I didn't see any zoom details? Will the event be updated or info sent out prior to the event to include the "location?"

Daniel Marotta
    Senior Manager
    Cvent Community Team
    www.cvent.com

• 32.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 03-28-2022 10:52
    Thanks Daniel. You should receive an email. If for some reason you dont, email me mscott@fteleaders.org

Melissa Scott

• 33.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 03-25-2022 10:28
    Megan, we should invite these wonderful folx to our user group meeting-Welcome! You should come to our user community zoom. The Cvent user groups will give you a place to connect and learn with industry professionals and Cvent users, just like you. These are customer driven groups that provide a collaborative space for networking, thought leadership, knowledge swapping, and maximizing Cvent usage. The user groups will give you the space to connect how you want to and on the topics that are most important to you. To request a new User Group

Melissa Scott

• 34.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 05-02-2022 17:14
    Hi all,

You might remember me from when I worked for the California Teachers Association - I now am with Stanford University, and still ready to participate in our great community!  
    • Company and location of where you work?  I work at Stanford University in the sunny Bay Area, California.
    • What is your industry and profession? I'm an event planner for the King Center on Global Development, so mostly putting on academic conferences and community outreach events. 
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  How diverse it is! No two events are alike, and it's rewarding to see the pieces all come together to create a valuable experience for attendees. 
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute? As a Cvent super-user for the past 4 years, I've learned a lot from the community and user groups, and I intend to keep contributing my expertise to help new users (or seasoned ones discovering a new aspect of Cvent). 
    Béline Falzon
    Event Planner
    Stanford University

• 35.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 05-02-2022 17:14
    (Sorry about the double post!)

• 36.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

Posted 05-03-2022 11:41
    • Company and location of where you work?  CNC Software is located in CT but I'm in South FL
    • What is your industry and profession? Marketing
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  Managing people and watching them grow in their careers
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  Love to hear new uses of CVENT 

Courtney Riley
    Brand Marketing Manager
    CNC Software, Inc.

• 37.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 05-03-2022 14:39
    • Company and location of where you work?  BCD Meetings & Events. I work out of my home in Ohio
    • What is your industry and profession? Meeting & Event Planning and I'm a Program Manager
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  I really enjoy contracting and that every day is a new challenge
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  I like hearing what my peers are doing and getting tips and tricks to use in my work

Gina Allega, CMP
    Senior Program Manager
    BCD M&E

• 38.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

Community MVP
    Posted 05-03-2022 14:51
    • Company and location of where you work?  Meetings & Incentives Worldwide on the Intent Strategy Group team and I work from my home in Gallatin, TN
    • What is your industry and profession? Industry is Meetings/Events/Incentives; Profession is more in the consulting space of the industry and helping companies create, implement, or revise their SMMP as well as provide System Administration for all types of Cvent accounts.
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  No day is the same and being able to be creative.
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  I love hearing unique ideas of how people are using Cvent, but I also love collaborating on ways to make the system/processes better.

Lindsay Buchanan
    Meetings Management Consultant
    Intent Strategy Group (A Division of M&IW)
    M +1 262.488.4537
    lbuchanan@meetings-incentives.com

• 39.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 05-03-2022 16:00
    • Company and location of where you work?  Visit Savannah in Savannah, GA
    • What is your industry and profession? I am a Sales Associate for the DMO in Savannah
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  Introducing clients to the city, showing them hotels and different venues, being on site-visits. My job is easy-Savannah sells itself!
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  I'm hoping to learn new methods and technology and I will share my knowledge and experiences with others.

Virginia McCoy
    Sales Associate
    Visit Savannah

• 40.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 05-04-2022 15:57
    • Company and location of where you work?  CDW remote worker 
    • What is your industry and profession? Technology
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  Troubleshooting
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  Continued learning , esp. looking for Attendee Hub and Mobile App best practices and creative use as features are enhanced, and features are released. A Community User Group for Attendee Hub and Mobile App could be beneficial:)

Hallie Loeb
    Event Operations
    CDW

• 41.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 05-06-2022 09:17
    • Company and location of where you work?  DoubleTree Gainesville, FL
    • What is your industry and profession? Hotel - Director of Sales 
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  Seeing the guests event come to life
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  Communicating with industry professionals and learning from each other.

Teresa James
    Director of Sales and Marketing
    DoubleTree Gainesville

• 42.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

Posted 05-06-2022 10:38
    • Company and location of where you work?  Corning Incorporated
    • What is your industry and profession? Manufacturing- Travel and Events Coordinator
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  The craziness before the event, I swear I love it!
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  I am still very new to Cvent so I am hoping to expand the little knowledge I have so far.

Meghan Payne
    Travel and Events Coordinator
    Corning Incorporated

• 43.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 05-07-2022 09:32
    • Company and location of where you work?  Lines for Life a24/7  crisis call center working to prevent suicide, substance abuse and promote mental health.
    • What is your industry and profession?   Non-profit manager and public health researcher and survey methodologist 
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  Capturing stories and data that impact the field of practice
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  More conversations about how to use Cvent for ongoing community engagement and research purposes, including survey panel management.

Elissa Adair
    Program Evaluator
    Lines for Life

• 44.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 05-09-2022 11:06
    Jenny Oliva
    • Company and location of where you work?  Boston Scientific, Remote in Racine, WI
    • What is your industry and profession? Cvent Administrator, Meeting Planning
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  Building new MRFs, Process Forms and Workflows in Cvent plus solving issues when Cvent isn't working properly.
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  Would love to meet other Administrators, get answers to commonly faced issues for admins who configure the Cvent tool.

Jenny Oliva
    Cvent Administrator
    Boston Scientific Corporation

• 45.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

Cvent Staff
    Posted 05-09-2022 11:22
    Hi @Jenny Oliva, thank you for introducing yourself!

There is a System Admins user group if you're interested in joining​ this group of bright minds. : )

Let me know if there's anything I can do to make your Cvent Community experience more enjoyable. ​​

Daniel Marotta
    Senior Manager
    Cvent Community Team
    www.cvent.com

• 46.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 05-11-2022 09:29
    • Company and location of where you work?  Insight, Eden Prairie MN
    • What is your industry and profession? IT, Solution Integrator 
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  Learning new things and being challenged
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  This community is great for getting help and new ideas.

Amanda Sharp
    Marketing Specialist
    Insight Direct USA, Inc.

• 47.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 05-17-2022 13:59
    • Company and location of where you work?  Boston Scientific - Massachusetts
    • What is your industry and profession?  Medical Device
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  Attendee Management training and building advanced sites
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  Share tips and tricks and learn from others experience with unique situations

Amy Lum
    Senior Systems and Tools Specialist
    Boston Scientific CorporationUnited States

• 48.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 05-23-2022 18:44
    Hello!

• Company and location of where you work?  BCD Meetings & Events (contracted with PwC) and I work from home in AZ
    • What is your industry and profession? Event Professional - currently a Registration Manager
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  Using Cvent and Excel
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  New ideas all around, use cases!

Katie Dreifus
    Registration Manager
    PwC Management Services LPUnited States

• 49.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 05-25-2022 12:51
    • Company and location of where you work?  JNR Inc in Irvine, CA
    • What is your industry and profession? Meetings and Incentives 
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  Creating new and one of a kind experiences
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  Expanding my knowledge and support in areas I need help

Nicole Hayford
    Registration Manager
    JNR IncorporatedUnited States

• 50.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 05-26-2022 11:05
    • Company and location of where you work?  Associated Bank, remotely in MN
    • What is your industry and profession? Financial services
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  Everyday is different
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute: Getting and giving tips and tricks to other Cvent users.

Beth Vriesen
    Events Registration Administrator
    Associated Bank Corporation

• 51.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 06-07-2022 14:55

Company and location of where you work?

Meetings Events & Conference Coordinators working out of South Florida

What is your industry and profession?

Hospitality, specifically meeting and event logistics

What is your favorite part of your work?

Traveling!

What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?

To learn tips and tricks to make our events even better organized for attendees.

Sara Garcia
    Meeting & Events Logistics Manager
    Meetings Events & Conference CoordinatorsUnited States

• 52.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

Cvent Staff
    Posted 06-21-2022 08:51
    • Company and location of where you work? I work at Cvent and I'm based out of the Cvent India Office
    • What is your industry and profession? I work in the Customer Marketing team at Cvent
    • What is your favorite part of your work? I love working on customer programs that help you make the best of the solutions you've purchased from us by providing relevant training resources or tips and finding opportunities to engage with you.
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute? To provide necessary resources and gather suggestions from you that will help us help you better in your work and careers

Tanvi Kakodkar
    Cvent Customer Marketing

• 53.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

Posted 07-06-2022 11:55
    • Company and location of where you work?  Texas Association of Property and Evidence Inventory Technicians (TAPEIT)(
    • What is your industry and profession? Education for Law Enforcement Property and Evidence Technicians
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  Meeting others
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  Event hosting support and trends

Crystal Smith
    Secretary
    Texas Association of Property and Evidence Inventory TechniciansUnited States

• 54.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

Posted 08-04-2022 14:08
    • Company and location of where you work?  Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn, Fort Lauderdale, FL
    • What is your industry and profession?  Hospitality, Sales & Marketing Manager
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  Connecting with guests and potential guests. My staff is also fabulous to work with. 
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  I am hoping to have a better understanding and knowledge to getting the sales leads that I am looking for. I hope to network and build strong working relationships to create growth and harmony. 

Jenna Tiedje
    Sales & Marketing & Social Media Manager
    Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn
    Ramada by Wyndham Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port

Jenna Tiedje
    Sales Manager / Social Media Marketing Manager
    Best Western Plus Oceanside InnUnited States

• 55.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

Cvent Staff
    Posted 08-04-2022 14:44
    Hi @Jenna Tiedje, welcome to the Cvent Community! Let us know if we can help with resources or make any introductions to help you grow your network.​

Daniel Marotta
    Senior Manager
    Cvent Community Team
    www.cvent.com

• 56.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

Posted 08-09-2022 06:25
    Hey there! Nice to e-meet you all. I am Wim and very happy to join the CVENT Community.

• Company and location of where you work?  American Express GBT for MSD/Merck events in Rueil-Malmaison (Paris), France
    • What is your industry and profession? Travels and I am Tech & Digital Planner
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  Helping, feeling part of the chain and enjoy everyday with my colleagues
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  Learn & share, get informed of new releases and new trends

Wim Behaegel
    wim.behaegel@amexgbt.com
    Paris, France
    Tech & Digital Planner, MSD Account
    AMERICAN EXPRESS GBT

• 57.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

Cvent Staff
    Posted 08-09-2022 08:21
    Hi @Wim Behaegel, It's nice to meet you, thank you for introducing yourself. It looks like you're all set up to receive product news notifications so you'll definitely be informed of new releases : ) Let us know if there's anything else the Community Team can do to make the Cvent Community more enjoyable​ or if we can help navigate its resources.

Daniel Marotta
    Senior Manager
    Cvent Community Team
    www.cvent.com

• 58.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

Cvent Staff
    Posted 08-31-2022 13:22

Hi everyone, my name is Kameron and I'm a new Community Manager here at Cvent working from Salt Lake City, Utah.
      I have 5+ years of experience working with different communities. I also come from an account management and social media support background.
      I thoroughly enjoy hearing about customer successes and seeing our supportive role in those scenarios.
      I'm here to do what I can to help foster growth, connection, and learning between each other and Cvent. I'm so excited to be here and look forward to learning all about how you use Cvent and the Community.

Kameron Kidd
    Community Manager
    Cvent Community Team
    www.cvent.com

• 59.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 09-14-2022 16:30
    • Company and location of where you work?  Loyola Law School, Los Angeles CA
    • What is your industry and profession? Conferences & Events, Event Manager
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  Diversity - working on different events all the time, ranging from big to small
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  Establish working knowledge of Cvent (first-time user) and building my relationship with the community using this product

Rachel Umstead
    Event Manager
    Loyola Marymount University / Loyola Law SchoolUnited States

• 60.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

Cvent Staff
    Posted 09-14-2022 16:51
    Welcome to the Cvent Community, @Rachel Umstead!!

Two good resources I can point you to are the Beginners User Group and the Higher Education User Group if you want a more intimate and focused discussion and knowledge share.

Again, welcome, and let me know if there's anything I can do to make your experience here more enjoyable.

Daniel Marotta
    Senior Manager
    Cvent Community Team
    www.cvent.com

• 61.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 12-19-2022 18:27
    • Company and location of where you work?  American Bar Association in Chicago, IL
    • What is your industry and profession? Legal Association, Registration and Meeting Systems Manager
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  Helping my colleagues navigate new technologies and get the most out of those technologies!
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  As a new Cvent user myself, I hope to learn the in's and out's of this program and helping my colleagues get the most out of Cvent for their own meetings. I also hope to get great advice while I'm here and hopefully share my expertise with the Cvent community.

Cecilia Boyd
    Registration and Meeting Systems Manager
    American Bar Association

• 62.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

Cvent Staff
    Posted 12-19-2022 19:15
    Hi @Cecilia Boyd,

Thank you for introducing yourself and welcome to Cvent Community!​

Let us know if there's specific challenges your looking to overcome or resource we can provide to help you and your colleagues. Open invite to your colleagues to join Cvent Community too, the more the merrier : )

Best,
    Daniel

Daniel Marotta
    Senior Manager
    Cvent Community Team

• 63.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 12-27-2022 15:22
    • Company and location of where you work?  I work in SLC, UT for Utah First Lady, Abby Cox
    • What is your industry and profession? I am helping organize an event for Utah educators. I am the business outreach and expo hall director
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  I like meeting new people and working with a creative team.
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  I anticipate many questions as we build our event website and hope to find a community to help answer questions as they come up.

Jenni Currit
    Show Up UtahUnited States

• 64.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

Cvent Staff
    Posted 12-27-2022 15:31
    Hi @Jenni Currit,​

Thank you for introducing yourself and welcome to Cvent Community, we're happy to have you. I'm actually located in Utah as well!

As you get settled in feel free ask questions in the forum, and browse the Knowledge Base articles or Training programs.

Happy Holidays!

Kameron Kidd
    Community Manager
    Cvent Community Team

• 65.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 01-17-2023 07:09
      • Direct Travel - I work remotely from Colorado Springs
      • Corporate and Leisure Travel and Meetings and Events. I am a member of the Event Technology Team and I support the meeting planners by building registration sites, websites, and mobile apps in Cvent
      • I took this job because my favorite part of being a meeting planner was building in Cvent!  But I do love event planning as a whole.
      • I'm love finding new ideas for using the software and answers to questions. I hope I can contribute in some way by helping others with my own knowledge as well.

Tori Martinez
    Event Technology Specialist
    Direct TravelUnited States

• 66.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

Cvent Staff
    Posted 01-17-2023 10:16
    Hi @Tori Martinez, thank you for taking a moment to introduce yourself.

Your role as an event technologist is quite interesting. Is it a blend of part developer, part system administrator? 

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Daniel Marotta
    Senior Manager
    Cvent Community Team

• 67.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 02-01-2023 14:34
    Hey, Simone here 

• Company and location of where you work?  PricewaterhouseCoopers (Chicago)
    • What is your industry and profession? Operations and Event Services/Planning
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  Creating awesome events and coming up with creative solutions and innovations for each event.
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  To learn more about Cvent and how I can maximize this platform to enhance all events and to provide a great overall experience utilizing this platform.

Simone Law
    Senior Event Associate
    PwC Management Services LPUnited States

• 68.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

Cvent Staff
    Posted 02-01-2023 15:49
    Welcome to Cvent Community, @Simone Law !! Let us know how we can best support your organization and your learning experience.​

Daniel Marotta
    Senior Manager
    Cvent Community Team

• 69.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

Cvent Staff
    Posted 02-01-2023 15:56
    Hi @Simone Law , thank you for introducing yourself!

Let us know if you have any questions about navigating Cvent Community​ or if we can help you find any resources.​​

Kameron Kidd
    Community Manager
    Cvent Community Team

• 70.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 02-10-2023 15:15
    • Company and location of where you work: I work for MJH Life Sciences and am based out of Cranbury, NJ.
    • What is your industry and profession? I work in Expo Services as a manager.
    • What is your favorite part of your work? The best part of my job is providing our clients with relevant resources and guiding them through their event exposition journey.
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute? I hope to learn best practices from others in the forums and hope to engage and eventually also provide support for others.

Barbara Yuson
    MJH Shared Services, LLCUnited States

• 71.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

Cvent Staff
    Posted 02-10-2023 16:29

Hi @Barbara Yuson , thank you for introducing yourself. It's nice to virtually meet you. There's a wealth of knowledge at your fingertips. Let's us know if we can help you navigate your way.  

Daniel Marotta
    Senior Manager
    Cvent Community Team

• 72.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 02-10-2023 16:57

Could you please direct me to tutorials on how to navigate the exhibitor and registration portals?

Barbara Yuson
    MJH Shared Services, LLCUnited States

• 73.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

Cvent Staff
    Posted 02-11-2023 08:28

Here are a few resources to check out:

Getting Started with Exhibitor Management

Cvent Academy Exhibitor training modules (requires login) 

Registration Learning Center

Daniel Marotta
    Senior Manager
    Cvent Community Team

• 74.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 03-07-2023 10:12

Hi all, looking forward to learning all things Cvent in the near future! 

• Company and location of where you work?  NC Clean Energy Technology Center at North Carolina State University
    • What is your industry and profession? Environmental Education & Outreach, training coordination
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  The ability to make visible impacts in my community, newly working in workforce development and loving it! 
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  Looking to learn how to optimi9ze use of the Cvent platform through engaging with other users on their learned best practices, troublehshooting, and operationalization. Always looking for new opportunities to collaborate!

Samantha Gibson
    Senior Training Coordinator
    N.C. Clean Energy Technology Center at North Carolina State UniversityUnited States

• 75.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 03-29-2023 10:23
    • Company and location of where you work?  Emory University in Atlanta, GA but I live in Colorado
    • What is your industry and profession?  Research Administration 
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  Training and education
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  Tips and tricks on getting the most out of the platform

Tricia Callahan
    Emory UniversityUnited States

• 76.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 05-15-2023 12:40
    • Company and location of where you work?  MODE EVENTS LAS VEGAS
    • What is your industry and profession? EVENT MANAGER
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  ENGAGING AND INTERACTING WITH PEOPLE
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  I EXPECT TO HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO NETWORK WITH LIKE MINDED PROFS

Jasmine Thrasybule
    Event Services Manager
    MODE EventsUnited States

• 77.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 05-16-2023 11:36
      APCIA in Chicago, IL
      We are a trade association for the P&C insurance industry.
      I like using technology to solve problems and streamline processes.
      I like coming here to find and offer solutions to issues and situations that aren't covered by Cvent's documentation.

Jessica Johnson
    Web Site Editor
    APCIA

• 78.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 05-18-2023 09:34

Hello I work for Aloft Hotels in Gainesville, FL. I am the Director of Sales at the hotel, the industry is hospitality. My favorite part is getting to work with groups and helping them to make their travel to the area the best it can be. I think this community will provide insight and knowledge into the hospitality world as well as contribute my own experiences. 

Teresa James
    Director of Sales
    Aloft Gainesville University AreaUnited States

• 79.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 05-18-2023 11:24
    • Company and location of where you work?  Idaho Division of Career Technical Education, Boise, ID
    • What is your industry and profession? State Education Department for Career Technical Education; I am the Outreach Coordinator for the division
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  Using my logistics and people skills to create relationships and events that are fun, engaging, and educational.
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  I am hoping this community will provide knowledge and connections that will enhance my learning and development; I am excited to network, learn, and hopefully, give back as well.

Kaitlyn Griffin
    Outreach Coordinator
    Idaho Division of Career Technical EducationUnited States

• 80.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 05-18-2023 11:30
    • Company and location of where you work?  ETC, Inc. in Wisconsin
    • What is your industry and profession? I am the Training Program Coordinator at ETC.  We are a lighting and controls manufacturer for entertainment, architectural, and commercial lighting solutions.
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  I love coordinating all of the training events my company offers, ranging from 8-person six hour training sessions to multi-day conferences with hundreds of attendees worldwide.  Cvent makes it easy to manage!
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  I have been a part of this community since I started in this position almost a year ago.  I love the support that members offer each other and the collaboration between members when helping someone find a solution to something they're struggling with.  I hope I can offer as much help to others as they have given to me throughout the last few months.

Jess Olcott
    Training Program Coordinator
    ETC, Inc.

• 81.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 05-22-2023 11:31
    • Company and location of where you work?  Cerapedics, Denver CO
    • What is your industry and profession? Medical Drug Devise, Meeting Planner
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  Creating attendee experiences.
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  Learning and absorbing.

Nicole Lynch
    Event Specialist
    CerapedicsUnited States

• 82.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 05-22-2023 18:09
    • Company and location of where you work?  CDW - WFH Denver, CO
    • What is your industry and profession?  Corporate Events
    • What is your favorite part of your work? creating wins and efficiencies   
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  virtual camaraderie, learning and sharing concrete information that can is ready to implement

Hallie Loeb, HMCC
    Event Operations Specialist
    CDW United States

• 83.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 05-22-2023 19:48
    • Company and location of where you work?  ISACA GWDC - Washington, DC (volunteer).
    • What is your industry and profession?  Technology / learning / education
    • What is your favorite part of your work? Helping others 
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  Exchange info and tips. 

Jason Yakencheck
    Cvent Admin
    ISACA Greater Washington, D.C. ChapterUnited States

• 84.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 05-23-2023 12:07
    • Company and location of where you work?  American Express Global Business Travel - I work remote from the Dallas, TX area
    • What is your industry and profession? third-party planner
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  variety of events and industries I work with
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  Hoping to reacclimate to Cvent as I've been away from the platform for about 5 years

Julie-Michelle Davis, CMP
    Meetings Manager
    Amex GBT - USA

• 85.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 05-26-2023 06:42
    • Company and location of where you work?  RSLC and DC
    • What is your industry and profession? Events Director 
    • What is your favorite part of your work? Traveling 
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute? Extra tips and tricks to help me manage Cvent effectively  

Justina Hulen
    Events director
    RSLC

• 86.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 05-31-2023 18:49

Hi everyone 

• Company and location of where you work?  I work for the Toro Company based in Melbourne, Australia but manage the training and development for the APAC region.  
    • What is your industry and profession? Turf Maintenence and Irrigation 
    • What is your favourite part of your work?  Meeting new people and working with different cultures. 
    • What do you expect from this community, and how do you wish to contribute?  Help and assistance with best practices for using events. Much of my role is looking after training events across the APAC region, and I see cvent as a critical tool in helping me manage them effectively. 

Warren Thomson
    Training and Development Manager
    The Toro CompanyUnited States

• 87.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 05-31-2023 22:53
    • Company and location of where you work?  Louisiana Community & Technical College System, Baton Rouge, La
    • What is your industry and profession? Director of Professional Development
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  Meeting with faculty and staff from our 12 colleges and providing professional development opportunities to them.
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute? learn tips and tricks from my fellow cvent users and implement what I've learned to make my events better

Jennifer Freeman
    Director, Professional Dev
    Louisiana Community & Technical College SystemUnited States

• 88.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 06-02-2023 10:24
    • Company and location of where you work?  Tata Consultancy Services, work remotely but based in NJ
    • What is your industry and profession? Technology consulting services, I work in brand management and events
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  Diversity of the tasks and projects I get to work on
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  Learn new things. Sometimes we push the boundaries of what the system can do and what we need so always nice to learn and get help from others using the system.

Rachel
    NJ

• 89.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 06-02-2023 15:59
    • Company and location of where you work?  University of Virginia, Charlottesville
    • What is your industry and profession? Higher education, alumni engagement
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  Meeting new people and making them smile!
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  Peers doing the same type of engagement work and offering tips of the trade as we navigate engagement in this post-pandemic world.

Cate Liverman
    Director-Constituent Relations
    UVA Medical Alumni Association and Medical School FoundationUnited States

• 90.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 06-05-2023 14:22
    • Company and location of where you work?  George Mason University, Virginia
    • What is your industry and profession? Fundraising, Event management, operations
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  Working with alumni and donors 
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  I always love hearing the ideas people present!

Lesley Irminger
    Events Manager, College of Public Health
    George Mason - Office Of University EventsUnited States

• 91.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 06-07-2023 12:19
    • Company and location of where you work?  S&P Global, US
    • What is your industry and profession? Financial Tech
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  Being able to work with so many different team members throughout the year on different internal events
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  Learn more about the platform and get help from other community members

Megan Ridgway
    Internal Events
    S&P GlobalUnited States

• 92.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 06-15-2023 14:02
    • Company and location of where you work?  Margaritaville Hotel San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
    • What is your industry and profession? Hotel sales professional
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  Connecting with new people and helping customers with successful meetings and events
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  I look forward to learning new things

Dan Sadler
    Senior Sales Manager
    Margaritaville Hotel San Diego Gaslamp QuarterUnited States

• 93.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 07-18-2023 09:42
    • Company and location of where you work?  New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA)
    • What is your industry and profession?   State Authority - Clean Energy/Econ Dev Sector / Event Coordination
    • What is your favorite part of your work?   Knowing that I am helping to move New York to a clean energy future by facilitating our program teams to expand their reach and messaging throughout the state
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  I would like to network with professionals who also produce government events, and to increase my understanding and knowledge of reporting and use of the data to improve operations.

Adam Hauck
    Events Coordinator
    New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA)United States

• 94.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 10-19-2023 14:54
    • Company and location of where you work?  Lung Health Foundation
    • What is your industry and profession? Non-Profit
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  Creating events that help to inform about the latest guidelines and information on lung health.
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  I'm looking to learn and share ways to make using Cvent easier. 

gloria alfred
    Lung Health FoundationCanada

• 95.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

Cvent Staff
    Posted 10-20-2023 08:13

Hi @gloria alfred, thank you for introducing yourself and welcome to Cvent Community! Feel free to continue to post to the Open Forum for your product support questions. I'd also like to share the Non-profit & Associations user group where  folks in your industry share use cases and best practices to help accelerate your learning.

There's also an upcoming user group networking event on 1st-November where they'll be discussing:

• Techniques for engaging members and donors at your events
    • Leveraging technology solutions to address event management challenges
    • Effectively utilizing data and analytics to measure attendee engagement and improve event strategies

Cheers!
    Daniel

Daniel Marotta
    Senior Manager
    Cvent Community Team

• 96.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 11-08-2023 06:32

Hello everyone! 🌼

• Company and location of where you work? Autodesk
    • What is your industry and profession? Marketing 
    • What is your favorite part of your work? The most rewarding aspect of my job is the continuous expansion of my knowledge and the ability to form proffessional and meaningful connections with colleagues.
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute? I hope to learn from the community and contribute my knowledge to help others.

Bianca Checchi
    Autodesk, IncUnited States

• 97.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

Cvent Staff
    Posted 11-08-2023 10:45

Hi @Bianca Checchi, thank you for introducing yourself and welcome to Cvent Community! 

We would like to support you on your learning journey.

Here are a few learning centers we think would be helpful:
    Registration
    Appointments
    OnArrival

Cheers and happy learning!

Daniel Marotta
    Senior Manager
    Cvent Community Team

• 98.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 01-22-2024 13:00
    • Company and location of where you work?  I'm the Operations Specialist at AgeGuide Northeastern Illinois in Lombard, IL
    • What is your industry and profession? We are a non-profit that helps older adults receive services they need
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  I love that every day is a different challenge and I am constantly learning
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  We just started using Cvent so I'm hoping to learn from others. And if I am ever able, I'd be happy to help find solutions.

Jen Hill
    Operations Office Specialist
    Northeastern Illinois Area Agency on Aging (D.B.A. AgeGuide)United States

• 99.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

Cvent Staff
    Posted 01-22-2024 13:27

Hi @Jen Hill thank you for sharing some information about yourself and welcome to Cvent Community!

Once you feel settled and comfortable be sure to look into joining our Associations or Non-Profit Organizations User Group here in Community.

Kameron Kidd
    Community Manager
    Cvent Community Team

• 100.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 02-03-2024 13:46
    • Company and location of where you work?  American Guild of Organists, St. Louis Chapter, St. Louis, MO
    • What is your industry and profession?  church organist
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  Leading the choir and congregation in reverent and beautiful liturgical music
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  I want to learn how to navigate Cvent to be able to create a smoothly functional Registration Page for the 2026 American Guild of Organists National Convention.

Regina Morris
    Registrar, 2026 St. Louis
    American Guild of OrganistsUnited States

• 101.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

Cvent Staff
    Posted 02-16-2024 15:25

Hi @Regina Morris and welcome to the Community! Oh my gosh, would you be able to share a photo of you at your organ or the choir you lead?!? When you have your registration page up and running, would love to see how it turned out. Registration pages are always a great source of inspiration for others creating events.

We also have a Non-profit and Associations user group if you're looking for more intimate setting to ask for product help or be inspired by others in your industry.

Cheers!
    Daniel 

Daniel Marotta
    Senior Manager
    Cvent Community Team

• 102.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 02-14-2024 13:21
    • Company and location of where you work?  I work for BCD Meetings and Events, and my client is Boehringer Ingelheim
    • What is your industry and profession? Compliance with the Open Payments law
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  Making sure all the information I submit is correct, as it will be submitted to the government and later posted online.
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  I work in the Event Management module. Right now, I need help with reports. I hope to be able to answer other questions with the limited knowledge I have. 

Anne Carey
    Manager, Compliance
    Boehringer Ingelheim GmbHGermany

• 103.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 02-16-2024 05:22
    • Company and location of where you work? Pfizer based in Thessaloniki Greece.
    • What is your industry and profession?  Anti-corruption and MEET  analyst.
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  Everything.
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  Supporting each other. Learning and growing together.

Nasimeh Abdolrashidi
    PfizerUnited States

• 104.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

Cvent Staff
    Posted 02-16-2024 16:11

Hi @Nasimeh Abdolrashidi, welcome to Cvent Community! Supporting, Learning, and Growing? I think you're in the right place! If you ever need it, please let us know how we can help.

Cheers!  

Daniel Marotta
    Senior Manager
    Cvent Community Team

• 105.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

Cvent Staff
    Posted 02-16-2024 15:30

Hi @Anne Carey, welcome to Cvent Community and for taking a moment to introduce yourself. Ah, a perfectionist, I like it! Keep your eye on the unanswered questions. Even a short answer can go a long way :) 

Best,
    Daniel

Daniel Marotta
    Senior Manager
    Cvent Community Team

• 106.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 29 days ago
    • Company and location of where you work?  Delta Airlines, I work in the both the LAX office and Atlanta office.
    • What is your industry and profession? Global Sales Department / Global Event Team 
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  The people
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  Advance my knowledge, better process' and finding solutions.  This applies to both expectations and contributions.

Donald Cornelius
    Delta Air LinesUnited States

• 107.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

Cvent Staff
    Posted 28 days ago

Welcome to the Community, @Donald Cornelius! Thank you for introducing yourself. Wow, coast-to-coast offices? Must be one heck of a view. Let us know how we can best support your knowledge building or guide you towards solutions.

Daniel Marotta
    Senior Manager
    Cvent Community Team

• 108.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 6 days ago

Hi CVENT Community!

• Company and location of where you work?  Texas Department of Transportation
    • What is your industry and profession? Environmental
    • What is your favorite part of your work?  Planning events, meeting/dealing with so many people!
    • What do you expect from this community and how do you wish to contribute?  I am brand new to this platform and today is my first day, so nothing to offer. I'm very much looking forward to learning all things CVENT!

Kathleen Goldsmith
    Environmental Specialist
    Texas Department of TransportationUnited States

• 109.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

Community MVP
    Posted 6 days ago

Welcome @Kathleen Goldsmith,

Hopefully you find all the answers to your questions Cvent related. Who knows, someone might have the answer to life, the universe, and everything. Hint: 42 

FYI: Many of us will be descending upon San Antonio in June for Cvent CONNECT 2024. Hope to see you there! 

James Rose | Senior Web Developer and Platform/Product Manager
    Digital Infrastructure
    Office of University Development | University of Michigan

• 110.  RE: Starting a New - Introduce yourself

User Group Member
    Posted 6 days ago

42? Goodness, you know the answer to everything.

Kathleen Goldsmith
    Environmental Specialist
    Texas Department of TransportationUnited States