Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Asking registrants to rank from a list of choices

Posted 11-08-2022 21:01
    Hi,

Has anyone had to ask your registrants to rank something from a list of choices? For one of the events I'm working on, I have 17 presenting companies that registrants can request to meet. At the time of initial registration, we only want the registrants to identify the top 5 companies they want to meet out of the 17. (It's up to 5 companies with a minimum of 1.) We want to know who their first choices are, second choices are, and so forth. So the radio button multiple choices won't do. 

I initially created 5 separate dropdown lists. But ideally, I would like to prevent a registrant from selecting the same company multiple times. Say, if we have Company 1 through 17, and if a registrant chooses Company 1 as their first choice, I only want to show Company 2 through 17 in the 2nd dropdown list. If the same registrant chooses Company 2 as their 2nd choice, then in the third dropdown list, I only want to show Company 3 through 17. Is there a way to do that? 

I also tried using sessions and session groups, but it didn't seem that this works either.
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Etsuko Aoyama
    Geodesic Capital

• 2.  RE: Asking registrants to rank from a list of choices

Posted 11-09-2022 11:17
    Hi Etsuko - 

I don't believe that type of complex logic exists at this point within the registration pages (where subsequent responses can change based on previously selected answers), but it's a great idea!  I think I have seen some similar ability within surveys premium, but not within registration, but it's worth checking with the Cvent Support Team to be sure.

I think you will probably be able to get what you are looking for by asking the 5 separate questions (example) with some help text:

For the items below, please select a specific company one time only:

1st choice to meet with (and drop down selection)
    2nd choice to meet with (and drop down selection)
    3rd choice to meet with (and drop down selection)
    4th choice to meet with (and drop down selection)
    5th choice to meet with (and drop down selection)

And don't forget, you can also use the Question Summary within the Reports section to quickly get to those calculations:

Hope this helps!

Rebecca Yousif
    Senior Administrator, Event Technology

• 3.  RE: Asking registrants to rank from a list of choices

Posted 11-09-2022 14:26
    Thanks, Rebecca!

Yea,,,, I was afraid that there wasn't a way to do what I wanted to do. I'll probably stick to the 5 separate dropdown lists as you suggested. 

I'm a returning Cvent user, so there are things I need to re-learn after several years of using a different platform. So, your comments on the reporting function help, too!

Etsuko

Etsuko Aoyama
    Geodesic Capital

• 4.  RE: Asking registrants to rank from a list of choices

Posted 11-16-2022 10:28
    I agree with the suggested idea, however I do think it's a feature for an enhancement request - as we have had this same issue for some of our events.

Beth Vriesen
    Events Registration Admin
    Associated Bank Corporation