Updated May 3 , 2019
The goal of the Cvent Community is to provide an environment for users to share, connect, and learn about Cvent products. Giving you a voice gives us insight into your interests, and how you are utilizing our product and services.
Don’t be fake: Logging in as someone else, including Cvent employees or fellow users is forbidden as is falsely stating or suggesting that You are associated with us or another person or entity.
Play nice: Cvent users are a diverse bunch from across the globe with an array of different experiences and opinions. You are free to disagree with the people You encounter but be respectful at all times.
Be thoughtful: Our audience is looking for answers. Posting inaccurate facts, data, or experiences will only get in the way of the guidance they seek. Content containing false or misleading information will be removed.
Don’t sell: The Cvent Community is a place for Cvent users to learn about how to be successful with our products, not Yours. Unsolicited offers, overhyping third-party services, and all other forms of unauthorized commercial activity are prohibited.
Don’t spam: Do not violate anti-spam laws.
Don’t infect: Do not upload files that contain viruses or similar software or programs designed to damage computer systems.
Respect other’s rights: Do not post material in violation of a third party’s intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights.
Don’t be obscene: Do not post anything inappropriate, obscene, abusive, libelous, tortious or otherwise unlawful. This is not the place for that sort of thing.
Help us out: If something seems hostile, inaccurate, or spammy, let us know. Our moderators review every report they receive and take action when someone violates these guidelines.
Have fun: Share your success with others who can benefit from Your contributions. Be loud and proud of what You have achieved in the past with Cvent!
Follow discussion etiquette: Have a concise and clear subject line that includes Your topic. Do not send messages to all community members with “following,” “me, too,” or “thanks for the information.”
Use of Our Site
DO NOT POST ANY DEFAMATORY, ABUSIVE, PROFANE, THREATENING, HARASSING, DISCRIMINATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL MATERIALS. DO NOT POST ANY INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT WITHOUT THE PERMISSION OF THE COPYRIGHT OWNER. BY POSTING MATERIAL, THE POSTING PARTY WARRANTS AND REPRESENTS THAT HE OR SHE OWNS THE COPYRIGHT WITH RESPECT TO SUCH MATERIAL OR HAS RECEIVED PERMISSION FROM THE COPYRIGHT OWNER. IN ADDITION, THE POSTING PARTY GRANTS CVENT AND USERS OF THIS SITE THE NONEXCLUSIVE RIGHT AND LICENSE TO DISPLAY, COPY, PUBLISH, DISTRIBUTE, TRANSMIT, PRINT, AND USE SUCH INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL.
MESSAGES SHOULD NOT BE POSTED IF THEY ENCOURAGE OR FACILITATE USERS TO ARRIVE AT ANY AGREEMENT THAT EITHER EXPRESSLY OR IMPLIEDLY LEADS TO PRICE FIXING, A BOYCOTT OF ANOTHER'S BUSINESS, OR OTHER CONDUCT INTENDED TO ILLEGALLY RESTRICT FREE TRADE. MESSAGES THAT ENCOURAGE OR FACILITATE AN AGREEMENT ABOUT THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE INAPPROPRIATE: PRICES, DISCOUNTS, OR TERMS OR CONDITIONS OF SALE; SALARIES; PROFITS, PROFIT MARGINS, OR COST DATA; MARKET SHARES, SALES TERRITORIES, OR MARKETS; ALLOCATION OF CUSTOMERS OR TERRITORIES; OR SELECTION, REJECTION, OR TERMINATION OF CUSTOMERS OR SUPPLIERS.
Cvent reserves the right to remove material or block individuals that do not abide by the community guidelines. Those who frequently post inappropriate or false content will lose access to Forums and Success Groups.
For minor abuses, such as solicitation, posting contact information, or being insensitive to other users, we abide by a simple 3-strike policy.
First Offense: A moderator will privately reach out to You. The flagged content will be removed.
Second Offense: The account manager will be notified and issue a second warning. The flagged content will be removed.
Third offense: The flagged content will be removed and access to forums and user groups is revoked. You will still be able to search the knowledge base and open cases, but will no longer be able to connect with other Cvent users.
Severe abuses such as harassment, discriminatory language, libel, or posts that upload malicious files will immediately be removed without warning and may be reviewed by Cvent’s legal department. The contributor will lose access to the community and will be notified by their account manager and, if proven necessary, Legal.
Cvent, Cvent.com, the Cvent Community and other Cvent trademarks on the Cvent Community are owned by Cvent and may not be used without our prior written permission.
You may receive communications from the Community platform. These emails are sent to notify You of Your account activity, or to update You on discussions You have subscribed to. You can manage the Cvent Community emails You receive from the Community platform in Your Email Preferences or Forum Notification settings.
If You wish to manage Your email communication preferences from Cvent marketing, You may visit the subscription page.
By logging into Your Community account, Your activity may be tracked to provide You a better and more personalized experience, including but not limited to subscriptions, discussion contributions, and webpage views.
Cvent may ask You to provide or collect the following personal information from You:
- Contact information, including Your name, email address, country, and company.
- Biographical information that You may provide in Your profile, including Your biography, interests, and photo.
- Information regarding Your use of the site, such as contributions that You have made such as blog posts, articles, and comments.
Cvent may use this information to do any of the following:
- Provide the functionality of the site or applications on it or associated with it to You or provide recommendations or increased personalization to You.
- Contact You regarding Your use of the site or submissions that You have made.
- Manage relationships with You and Our customers.
- Assist Cvent in maintaining the security of the site.
- To contact You and keep You informed of items or events on Cvent Community or about products or services that You may be interested in.
- Identify content that You have contributed to the site (i.e., blog posts, forum posts, etc.) as being from You.
INFORMATION THAT YOU PROVIDE TO CVENT COMMUNITY AS PART OF YOUR PROFILE WILL BE PUBLICLY VISIBLE.
ANY CONTENT THAT YOU CONTRIBUTE TO CVENT COMMUNITY (I.E., BLOG POSTS, FORUM POSTS, ETC.) WILL BE PUBLISHED WITH EITHER YOUR DISPLAY NAME OR NAME WITH A LINK TO YOUR PROFILE.
Cvent will retain information associated with Your profile for as long as it is required for the operation of the site or required to maintain the integrity of content on the site. Cvent may remove content at any time for any reason, including to maintain the integrity of the site content, for relevancy purposes, or because the content violates the site policies.
Disabling Your Account
In order to disable Your Cvent Community account, You must contact us at email@example.com. In this message, please provide Your first and last name, and the email address used to create Your Cvent Community account along with a statement of Your desire to disable Your account. Please note that disabling Your account is not a right to be forgotten request under relevant data privacy laws and may not remove all instances of Your personal data on the Cvent Community.
In the event that You provide comments, suggestions and recommendations to Cvent with respect to the Community (including, without limitation, with respect to modifications, enhancements, improvements and other changes to the Service) (collectively, "Feedback"), You hereby grant to Cvent a world-wide, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual license to use and otherwise incorporate any Feedback in connection with the Service. You further acknowledge that any such feedback is unsolicited and is being provided voluntarily.
All Feedback may be made available to third-party search engines on the Internet as well as through the Community’s search engine. Cvent, Community users and independent third-parties may use Feedback, in whole or in part, in any manner, including creating derivative works.
Feedback is not official Cvent support. For official client support with account related and payment related questions, please submit a ticket to our client service department using the contact form.
Cvent may track and analyze Your use of the Cvent Community to help us better our Services. You acknowledge that Cvent may use all data inputted into the Community or otherwise collected by our Services or the Community, for any purpose. Cvent may disclose all such data (“Usage Statistics”) to third parties for the purpose of assisting Cvent in such tracking or analysis, or where required by law.
DMCA Take Down Notice
If You wish to submit an allegation of copyright infringement under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), please contact Cvent as follows:
ATTN: General Counsel
1765 Greensboro Station Place, Suite 700
Tysons Corner, Virginia 22102
(703) 226 3500
Third Party Links
The Cvent Community may contain links to third party sites. Any such third party site is not under Our control and Cvent is not responsible for any content therein. Cvent does not endorse the products or companies mentioned in the third party links. Your access of any third party link is at Your own risk.
THIS SITE IS PROVIDED AS A SERVICE FOR THE USERS OF CVENT AND IS PROVIDED “AS IS”. CVENT IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE OPINIONS OR INFORMATION POSTED ON THIS SITE BY OTHERS. WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO INFORMATION POSTED ON THIS SITE, WHETHER POSTED BY CVENT OR ANY THIRD PARTY; THIS DISCLAIMER INCLUDES ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
CONTENT POSTED BY ANYONE OTHER THAN US ON THE CVENT COMMUNITY IS THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE POSTING PARTY. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONTENT POSTED BY YOU OR A THIRD PARTY. CVENT DOES NOT ACTIVELY MONITOR THE SITE FOR INAPPROPRIATE POSTINGS AND DOES NOT ON ITS OWN UNDERTAKE EDITORIAL CONTROL OF POSTINGS. HOWEVER, IN THE EVENT THAT ANY INAPPROPRIATE POSTING IS BROUGHT TO THE ATTENTION OF CVENT WE WILL TAKE ALL APPROPRIATE ACTION. ALL CONTENT ON OUR SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WE DO NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION AS TO ITS ACCURACY OR QUALITY. CVENT SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, USEFULNESS, NON-INFRINGEMENT, QUALITY OR ORIGINALITY OF THE CONTENT ON OUR SITE.
USE OF THE CVENT COMMUNITY IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. WE MAY MODIFY THE FUNCTIONALITY OF THE CVENT COMMUNITY AND ITS INTERFACE AT ANY TIME AT OUR SOLE DISCRETION, AND SUCH MODIFICATIONS MAY RESULT IN A LOSS OF DATA ASSOCIATED WITH THAT FUNCTIONALITY. WE ALSO RESERVE THE RIGHT, IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION AND WITHOUT CAUSE AT ANY TIME, AND WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU, TO REMOVE, OR REFUSE TO POST ANY CONTENT SUBMITTED OR POSTED BY YOU TO THE CVENT COMMUNITY.
Limitation of Liability
YOU AGREE THAT YOU BEAR ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH USE OF THIS SITE. IN NO EVENT SHALL CVENT HAVE ANY LIABILITY HEREUNDER TO YOU FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES BASED ON LOST PROFITS, DATA OR USE, HOWEVER CAUSED AND, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR UNDER ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
IN THE EVENT THE ABOVE LIMITATION SO PROHIBITED BY LAW, AND YOU HAVE ANY LAWFUL BASIS FOR RECOVERING DAMAGES, YOU AGREE THAT YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY TO RECOVER FROM CVENT OR ANY CVENT AFFILIATE, SHALL BE LIMITED TO DIRECT DAMAGES IN THE AMOUNT OF TEN DOLLARS ($10). YOU CANNOT RECOVER ANY OTHER DAMAGES OR LOSSES INCLUDING DIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOST PROFITS, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE. THESE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS APPLY EVEN IF THIS REMEDY DOES NOT FULLY COMPENSATE YOU FOR ANY LOSSES OR WE KNEW OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN ABOUT THE POSSIBILITY FOR THE DAMAGES. THESE LIMITATIONS APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- This Agreement will be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA applicable to contracts made and performed wholly within Virginia without regard to any conflict of law principles. Each party consents to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Fairfax County, Virginia to adjudicate any disputes between the parties, arising out of this Agreement. The parties waive their right to a jury trial.
- If any of the provisions of this Agreement shall be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not invalidate or render unenforceable the entire Agreement, but rather the entire Agreement shall be construed as if not containing the particular invalid or unenforceable provision or provisions, and the rights and obligations of You and Cvent shall be construed and enforced accordingly.
- You may not assign Your rights or obligations under this Agreement without our prior written consent.
- Nothing in this Agreement shall create a partnership, franchise, joint venture, agency, fiduciary or reemployment relationship between You and Cvent.
- The headings used in this Agreement are for reference only and do not define, limit, or otherwise affect the meaning of any provisions hereof.
- Except as expressly stated in these Terms, these Terms constitute the entire agreement between the parties, and supersede all prior and contemporaneous agreements, proposals or representations, written or oral, concerning their subject matter.
- The failure of either party at any time to enforce any right or remedy available to it under this Agreement with respect to any breach or failure by the other party shall not be construed to be a waiver of such right or remedy with respect to any other breach or failure by the other party.
- Any amendment or modification of these Terms shall be effective when we make the updated version available on our website.
© Cvent, Inc. All rights reserved.