Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Email Delivery Problems - Client won't do DMARC

Posted 11-15-2023 15:23

Does anyone have any creative solution for email delivery? Ore registrants are not receiving confirmation emails. The main reason is that they looked spoofed. Instead of coming from Cvent, the event emails try to appear to be coming from the event manager's company. So, they are getting firewalled. 

The company will NOT do any DKIM/DMARC entries since they consider that a security issue and they won't budge. 

I wish there was a way to send event mails from a Cvent address. I have a ticket open with tech support, and we are going back and forth, but no suctions yet. 

Has anyone else had an issue where a client won't do DMAC/DKIM, but emails need to go through? Any workaround?

#Events+

------------------------------
    Chris Jannes
    Director of Creative Services
    NetkitchenUnited States

• 2.  RE: Email Delivery Problems - Client won't do DMARC

Posted 11-17-2023 05:53

Hi Chris,

Hope you are well.

I do see the ongoing case regarding the email delivery issue. 

Apart from setting up DKIM/DMAARC, there are a few other things you can do to make sure the emails do not land in the Spam Folder for the invitees :

1. Add the opt out and unsubscribe data tag in the email header or footer.
    2. Use a 'From Name' that recipients will recognize, such as the name of your company or the CEO instead of using a generic From name and email address for the email.
    3. Keep your address book fresh.

You can refer to the following article to go though the different ways you can take to make sure the email doesn't land in the spam box :

How to Avoid the Spam Folder == LINK : : https://support.cvent.com/s/communityarticle/How-to-Avoid-the-Spam-Folder

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Raashi Semwal Khati
    Senior Quality Analyst
    Cvent

• 3.  RE: Email Delivery Problems - Client won't do DMARC

Posted 11-18-2023 19:03

Thanks for the tips. Much appreciated.

In this case, the Cvent emails are not being treated as normal spam. Instead they are getting blocked entirely because the email appears spoofed. The opt put and unsubscribe tags won't help here since that's not why the email is getting flagged, but that's a good thought anyway.

The FROM name is already a recognizable name, but again, it's not even getting to the level where a user can make a choice to open the email or not. And, the address book is very fresh. This is for an internal company event, so these are all employees form the same company who were just added to the event recently.

The problem is that the email is pretending to be from Company X when it's really being sent from Company Y (Cvent, in this case), so they are blocking it completely. 

I wish there were an option to send the emails from "CompanyX@cvent.com" and if that were available, then I could look at ways to get past the more standard Spam filters. Our other systems we use, including Constant Contact, SendGrid, and out event app (not Cvent's app) all allow emails to be send from the actual domain of the company and not from a spoofed domain.

Thanks for the tips. For now, Cvent has become unusable for us since we have to manually communicate every detail of registration to attendees.

Chris Jannes
    Director of Creative Services
    Netkitchen

• 4.  RE: Email Delivery Problems - Client won't do DMARC

Posted 12-02-2023 14:51

This is an ongoing issue. I have had some people resort to using alternate personal email addresses.

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America