I have not yet used it for my clients yet but in reviewing the comments below it seems that it is not quite clear that the Vendor Marketplace is different and separate from the Venue Search area.
-->For Venue searches one will draft a RFP and get an actual proposal sent directly via the CVENT system.
-->For the Vendor Marketplace one would draft a RFI to vendors for specific event needs such as AV, transportation, decor, promotional items, etc. and then receive the needed information via email!
So, hotels and other meeting venues are not
part of the Vendor Marketplace to the best of my knowledge as these are two different areas.
What seems helpful, however, is that once a RFP has been created, a planner can then draft RFIs for the additional program needs right from that RFP.
Director, Global Accounts
HelmsBriscoe - USA & CanadaUnited States
Sent: 08-10-2022 12:00
From: Ridhima Krishan
Subject: Fulfil your event needs with Cvent Vendor Marketplace
Hi all! We are in the mid-week and it's time to start our next edition of the Tip of the Week discussion!
Finding suitable vendors for an event can be challenging and a tedious task. To avoid so much back and forth, you can source experienced vendors for in-person, virtual, and hybrid events – with Cvent Vendor Marketplace. It's super easy to browse and discover hundreds of service providers to accommodate your event requirements. Moreover, Vendor Marketplace is conveniently located within the Cvent Supplier Network so you can source venues and vendors with one tool.
Whether you have event requirements around audio-visual, content and design, attendee management, or transportation services, Cvent Vendor Marketplace has got you covered!
Here are quick tips to help you browse existing vendors:
- Search for Vendors: Click 'Find Vendors' in the upper right > Enter a location where you need services > Select the service types you need by clicking them
- For each type you selected, you can now see a list of vendors that provide services in the metro areas you need
- If necessary, use the Services and Account Tags filters at the top to narrow down your search results.
- If you want to add vendors for a service type at a later date, you can click Next without making any selections.
- Create a vendor RFI: Keep in mind, that you can create a vendor RFI at any point during the browsing process by clicking Start new request in the upper right.
- Enter the event details, dates, and number of attendees
- In the Service Location section, you can add up to ten locations
- The contact information is pulled from your user profile.
- If you are a third-party planner, check the box next to I'm planning on behalf of a client company, then enter its name.
- Send your request: You can include a customized message to the vendors. Keep in mind once you send the request, you can add service types and vendors to it, but you can no longer make changes to the details. A notification email will be sent to the vendors. But remember, vendors will not respond through Cvent, but by using the contact details you included in your request.
Question for you:
- Have you used Cvent Vendor Marketplace? If yes, how was your experience, and if you'd like us to suggest any additional features?
We would love to know your responses. So, get them pouring in the comment section below! #CventTip
Sr. Associate, Customer Marketing