Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Hiding custom contact field from one registration path

Posted 11-16-2023 20:14

We have a number of custom contact fields that are relevant to most of our registration types/paths. However I would like to remove some of the questions from one reg path in particular. Is this possible? 

#Registration

------------------------------
    Shannon McKay
    Consultant
    Medallia, Inc.United States

• 2.  RE: Hiding custom contact field from one registration path
    Best Answer

Posted 11-17-2023 06:10

Hi Shannon,

Hope you are well!

If you want to display a few questions on one path and not on the other path, you'll have to c4eate separate registration types and associate those registration types to the respective paths and add the question to one path and remove them from another path. For example: I have dietary restriction question or Member ID number question that I want to show to members but not to speakers. In this case, I will create two registration types as Members and Speakers and I'll create two registration paths as Member and Speaker. I'll add the questions within the member path but not add them within the speaker path. Make sure you are not sharing the questions within different paths and create them as separate questions.

If you have more than 2 registration paths and you want to display the questions in some of them and not in others, you'll have to take the same approach and create separate questions for each path instead of sharing the questions. This way, you'll be able to display the questions in the required path and not create them within the paths where they're not needed.  Please make sure you add separate question code and separate reporting text for each question to distinguish them in the reports.

If the questions are not registration questions but simple Custom Contact Fields, you can simply delete the fields from the path under which they are added and keep them under the path you want to display them.

Additionally, if you already have created them as shared questions and you want to remove the question from one path and keep them in other paths, you can hide the question from displaying in that path. For this, please go to your event > Registration > registration process > Go to the path under which you want to remove the question > Scroll down to the question you want to remove > hover over the question and at top left of the question click on the (...) > click on Hide > Do this for other questions you wish to hide > publish.

PFB the screenshot of the setting within the question widget :

You can refer to the following articles for your reference :

Adding Event Questions == LINK : : https://support.cvent.com/s/communityarticle/Adding-Flex-Event-Questions?is_article=true&lang=en_US&searchFor=registration%20questions&page=1

Hiding Event Questions == LINK : : https://support.cvent.com/s/communityarticle/Hiding-Event-Questions?is_article=true&lang=en_US&searchFor=registration%20questions&page=1

What does it mean when a registration question says it is shared on multiple paths? == LINK : : https://support.cvent.com/s/communityarticle/What-does-it-mean-when-a-registration-question-says-it-is-shared-on-multiple-paths?is_article=true&lang=en_US&searchFor=registration%20questions&page=1

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Raashi Semwal Khati
    Senior Quality Analyst
    Cvent