Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Questions re Report Data Discrepancies

Posted 11-06-2022 19:37

We have been analysing some website usage event data and have some discrepancies in results dependent on the report used. I'm wondering what we're missing in understanding what the reports are capturing? Examples are: 

Event Website Usage Report: 
    1 -  Event website Usage stats show 34 logins to the event website on a specific date of an online session. However the Session Attendance report lists 137 total online views for that specific date. 

As viewing the session requires the registrant to be logged in - this doesn't make any sense?
    As it was our first online session with no activity the previous day, we don't believe we can account for this variance by registrants already being logged in. 

2 - Page Views in the Event Website Usage Report. 

The results are very low, especially when some of the pages were open access (not post-registration pages). 

Thus what exactly is this result displaying? Is this the best report to use to measure page views? 

Thank you for your assistance, 

Lynda

#ReportingandInsights

------------------------------
    Lynda de Koning
    Programs Manager
    Australian Performing Arts Centres Association (APACA)Australia

• 2.  RE: Questions re Report Data Discrepancies

Posted 11-10-2022 05:48
    Hi Lynda,

Hope you are well!

I understand you have noticed some discrepancy when running the website usage report. I apologize for any confusion and would like to explain the difference in how the reporting varies from event website and attendee hub website.

1. The report 'Event website Usage' which you ran shows you the data for event's registration website i.e., from where an invitee registers for the event. This report further displays various information on total page view, total event logins etc. This data is specific to event website and does not include any information pertaining to the invitees login on the attendee hub website. Hence, there will be variance if you compare the Event website Usage and  Session Attendance report. 

2. Regarding the page views in the 'Event Website Usage Report', that data is also for the usage of event website i.e. the registration website and not attendee hub. 

3. Also, there are two places where an attendee can login:

(a) On the event website, by clicking on 'already register' and then entering the registration confirmation number along with email address.
    (b) On the attendee hub website, by clicking on the link for attendee website, and then entering their first name, last name, email address and the verification code.

Hence login data displayed in 'Event website Usage' will vary from the 'Attendee Hub Usage'.

The best report to view the usage of attendee hub website is 'Attendee Hub Usage'. This report gives you a high-level overview of your Attendee Website and Event App's performance for a single event. Go to Reports > Reports and find it under Activity Reports by clicking Show Report Presets under Event Experience Usage. 

To view the login data for attendee hub, you can use the 'Attendees with Login Data' which will display how many attendees logged in to your Attendee Website and Event App, and when. 

Also, I highly recommend that you give the following article a read, which talks about which report you can run and what data it will display.  
    The Attendee Hub Metrics Master List
    https://support.cvent.com/s/communityarticle/The-Attendee-Hub-Metrics-Master-List?searchFor=metrics%20master%20list&lang=en_US

I hope this helps. It would be great if you would mark my response as "Best Answer" if you feel my explanation helped you fix the issue.

Regards,
    Khushbu Gupta
    Associate Quality Lead - Quality Team

Khushbu Gupta
    CventUnited States