Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Sessions and Subsession in Event Registration? Any suggestions?

Posted 07-05-2024 13:53
    Edited by Chris Jannes 07-05-2024 13:54

At our event, we allow our attendees to choose Spa appointments. We have openings at 1PM, 2PM, 3PM, and 4PM and for each of those times, our attendees can choose a massage, facial, or mani/pedi. There are limited slots for each service.

I could create every possibility as a session (4 time slots X 3 services = 12 sessions). Or, I could not use sessions. I could use a registration question and sub-question, but if I do that, I can't keep track of the number of available slots (we used to be able to do this way back when we were RegOnline customers belier we had to migrate to Cvent). I don't want to purchase the Appointments add on, and I'm not sure it would work as I need. 

Open to any/all suggestions. Thank you!

• 2.  RE: Sessions and Subsession in Event Registration? Any suggestions?

Posted 30 days ago

I am in the same boat you are unfortunately. If there is this ideal fix I haven't found it yet. But what I have done is created a session for massage, facial, mani/pedi and then I put the capacity on those sessions. In each session I have them rank their preferred times using a specific session question. About a week before I go create all the appointments- some people don't get their first time choice but I have to make it very clear on the sign up that your time can be anywhere between 1-4(example). If someone has the wisdom for a better way I would love to hear it as well. 

------------------------------
    Justina Hulen [Designation]
    Events Director
    RSLC
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Sessions and Subsession in Event Registration? Any suggestions?

Posted 25 days ago
    Edited by Chris Jannes 25 days ago
      |   view attached

Thanks, Justina. 

I ended up building mine by added every individual session and then grouping them in a session group so that users could only pick one. Then, I was able to assign quantities to each individual session. So, I have 5 time slots X 3 spa services = 15 total options for the user to choose from. The listed started to get really long, so I only put the bare minimum information in the individual session and kept the longer information up in the Session Group description, then I adjusted text spacing and widget spacing to try and make the list as tight as possible. Unfortunately, the session quantity goes below the SELECT button, which adds more space. I wish I could move that placement. Again, the list looks long, but it works. I've attached a screen grab.

Also, we had one additional parameter. Attendees could decide to GOLF instead of go to the spa, so I also made a separate session group for Golf. I didn't want to add Golf to the already long Spa list. Then I set up an advanced rule that users could not choose both golf and spa. 

We also wanted to force people to say YES or NO to group of activities, so I set it up where the session selection is required for each group, which meant I had to add a selection for "No, Thank you" to make sure I got a response. 

Lastly, I still get lost with session priorities, so I ended up manually assigning priorities to all sessions on the session list.