Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  How to COPY CONTENT in Flex Emails

Posted 04-04-2019 13:04

I attempted to follow the KB instructions to Copy Content from one email to another in Flex, but...

1. The system does not have that "Copy Content" option.(see Image 1)
    2. Nor do I have the option to "Use another list's email" when creating a new Invtiation List in Flex.(see image 2)

HELP REQUEST: Please can you tell me how to effectively replace the default email content that populates when I create a new Invitation List?

IMAGE 1: No Copy Content Action in FLEX

IMAGE 2: Use another list's email option MISSING IN FLEX

• 2.  RE: How to COPY CONTENT in Flex Emails

Posted 04-04-2019 16:18
    I had this same question too - and the answer is that capability is not available in Flex - yet. They are planning on adding it. 
    My way around it is to have two windows open, and copy the html from one email to another. Here's hoping this feature is added soon!

• 3.  RE: How to COPY CONTENT in Flex Emails

Posted 04-04-2019 17:36
    Thanks Paula! I treid that - copy/past HTML is easy but it doesn't translate back to the builder - even when the HTML is OF the builder content from other email.

• 4.  RE: How to COPY CONTENT in Flex Emails

Posted 04-24-2019 22:16
    I was told the same thing - but there's a caveat with this: once you save an email using the HTML source code, you CAN'T go back to the Designer. So that means, once you update an email in one invitation list through the designer, you have to click Switch to HTML, copy the source code and then switch back to the designer WITHOUT SAVING. If you hit save while in HTML mode on the original email, you will loose all of you customizations in the designer! Then you have to go to that email in each of your other invitation lists, switch to HTML, paste the source code and SAVE. Basically it means that only your default invitation list emails will be designed with the drag and drop functionality; all of the other lists are relagated to only using HTML source code. 
    I know it sounds tedious, but it's still faster than recreating all of your customizations with every new email. (Plus, I was also told that having 2 design windows open at the same time, for the same event, will cause all of the emails to revert back to the default settings - which they did when I was trying to launch an event that was coming up quickly!)
    I also hope they correct this feature/issue soon - I'm really enjoying Flex and getting a ton of positive feedback from attendees, but it's difficult to get things done quickly.Â