Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Registration Paths

Posted 05-10-2018 17:25
    Can someone explain to me why certain Registration Types disappear when they're assigned to the non-default Registration Path? I don't understand how to test the different Registration Paths.  This is because when I set up two registration paths and assign different Registration Types to each Reg Path, and then go to test it, I can only see the Reg Types assigned to the Default Path in the drop down box on the test registration page.  How do I test the other registration path?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Registration Paths

Posted 05-11-2018 10:57
    Hi Sara,

The best practice here to keep in mind is to Assign the path's registration type under the Basic Settings tab within the path to make sure thye are connected to that registration process. 

Example:

Registration settings > VIP Path (which we can imagine it to be the Deafult as well in this example) > Basic Settings tab > Edit > Associated Registration Types = select VIP registration type > Save

Registration settings > Non-VIP Path > Basic Settings tab > Edit > Associated Registration Types = select Non-VIP registration type > Save.

Right now we have associated the registration types to the belonging paths. 

In order for you to make all registration types visible in the registration type dropdoesn within the Identification and security page, you need to ALWAYS go in the default path > Identification and Security Tab > and scroll to the bottom where you will select 'Invitees can select their own registration type: Yes' and then you click on the Add Registration Types button and all ALL registration types associated with the overall event. 

You will now see the dropdown will show all options available.

Please let me know if this explains it and do not hesistate to call our Customer Care team to get further clarification!

Best,

Federica 
    ?

• 3.  RE: Registration Paths

Posted 05-11-2018 11:24
    Thank you that does help a lot! I was thinking of it too linearly, but if I’m reading what you say right, even if I assign all reg types to one Reg Path, and some of those same Reg Types are also under another Reg Path, then they’ll see whatever settings are set up in both Reg Paths. Is that correct?