Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Overriding Registration Approval/Pending Registrations

Posted 11-22-2017 15:54
    We have our events set-up with registration approval, so that registrants with member contact types are automatically approved, but non-member types have to be approved before they are registered in order to limit the number of events they attend. Is there a way to override the pending status from the backend?  For example, if I'm adding someone to the registration list that isn't a member, is there a way to keep them from going into a pending status and having to approve their registration?  And, more importantly, to keep them from getting the notifications that their registration is pending and then approved?

• 2.  RE: Overriding Registration Approval/Pending Registrations

Posted 11-27-2017 13:51
    Hello,
    Since the Registration Approval is switched on for Non-Members, there registration will go to Pending status as that is considered a priority Registration Rule (if Approval is enabled).

To make sure they do not recieve a Pending and Approved Notification, I would recommend you to divide the Invitation list for them.

Email are directly synced with an attendee's invitation list. If they in the same event however, on a different Invitation List, you can configure their email notifications separately. You can switch off both Pending and Approved notifications in that list and they would not recieve any such communication.

Also, if you are adding all the Non-Members at the back-end, you can just switch off both Registration Approval and Notifications.
    All you have to do is add them to the Registration List and send them the Confirmation email whenever you want.

Let me know if you need more information on this.

Best,
    Ankita Gupta