Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Collecting info from attendees after they've registered

Posted 09-01-2021 08:30
    We have an upcoming event where we are going to require proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test. We just made this change. We've updated the site to include a consent question and to allow people to upload their proof of vaccination now, in hopes of making check-in at the event smoother.

My question - for those who have already registered - I will email them letting them know about the change - but is there a way, in that email, I can enable a file upload or that type of thing so people can submit their vaccination records? Any suggestions or ideas are appreciated.
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Shelly Dates
    Director of Marketing and Membership
    NC Dental Society

• 2.  RE: Collecting info from attendees after they've registered

Posted 09-01-2021 10:26
    Edited by Steven Schlossman 09-01-2021 10:27
    For my registrations, it's always tough to get people to go back to their registration unless they are adding a popular session.
    My email include step by step instructions with images of buttons.

Below is my draft email.

{[C-FIRST NAME]},
    Let us know if you or your guest is a first timer to O'Fest?
    Are you intererested in joining a caravan?
    {[E-MY REG LINK]} to answer those questions. You will need your Confirmation Number: {[C-CONFIRMATION NUM]}

Tip: When including the confirmation data tag, don't use a period at the end of the sentence. I found many people copy the confirmation number along with the period and it fails.

You will probably have to search for those who have not complied often and resend the email.

Please keep us informed as I may be going down this path next month.

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America