Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Certificates and Badges

Posted 12-11-2019 14:03
    Perhaps I'm missing this but are there templates for certificates and badges? I want to create a certificate with a nice border but can't seem to find any. And will also be creating name badges but don't want to reinvent the wheel. Where would I find such templates?
    #Miscellaneous

------------------------------
    Cindy Lundy
    Co-Owner, Director
    Nova Clinical Services

• 2.  RE: Certificates and Badges

Posted 12-18-2019 13:42
    For Flex, under Website and Registrations, Under Onsite there is Badges & Certificates. You need to make sure you select this in the event configuration to activate this feature

Shannon Harrison
    Event Manager
    EQIS

• 3.  RE: Certificates and Badges

Posted 12-18-2019 14:25
    Yes, it looks like you can use this feature under the Certificate Designer tool. (Certificates page > add new > design certificate). 

Good luck!
    Haley

Haley Kilar
    Junior Operations Coordinator
    Encore Live Productions

• 4.  RE: Certificates and Badges

Posted 12-18-2019 18:55
    @Shannon Harrison is correct, and I'll add a few more items. After you design your first badge, save it to the template library at your account level so you can pull it into other events. Also, definitely use data tags whenever you can. If you are going to use something custom, i.e. the name of the certification which could change from event to event, make a custom data tag with that info, i.e. Level I, Level II, Level III, at the ACCOUNT level, and you can just pull that in for whatever description applies. It saves you from having to rewrite the text every time.  

You can use the Certificate function to automate VISA letter requests, and put a button on your registration confirmation page and rename it VISA LETTER. It will come out in a pop-up, ready to go, with the attendee's info and boiler plate text you put in there. This, too, can be saved to the templates library.

For badges, same thing, you have to design your first one, then save it to account level and pull it in at each event. I have standardized a few internal info fields that I use YoY with conditional logic to print icons on people's badges (Principal, Quota Achiever, Speaker).​

Brenda Ainsburg
    Channel Program Manager
    brenda.ainsburg@siemens.com
    Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
    United States

• 5.  RE: Certificates and Badges

Posted 12-23-2019 11:23
    If it's free premade templates those don't really exist. I'm sure you can use Cvent Design services and for a few small hours get some things developed but theyre also fairly simple to make yourself and if you follow everyones instructions about setting them as templates you'll only need to worry about making them once and then you'll have them to use going forward.

This community link is fairly helpful: https://support.cvent.com/apex/CommunityArticle?id=000002465

Rachel Sigley
    Branding
    Tata America International Corporation