Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  SEO - Schema Markup - Indexation

Posted 04-17-2020 08:53
    Hi everyone,

I have a few questions about optimizing a Flex event and I appreciate it if somebody can help me.

1. The first question is about SEO, how to I go about optimizing the meta titles, description, H1, canonical tag, etc..? 
    2. Secondly, I've been trying to add a code snippet to insert schema markup for events but although I can see the code in the source code, the schema markup tool doesn't detect it, and moreover looking at the instructions I can see that I shouldn't add the <script></script> part of the code because the system should insert it automatically but I really don't see how that could work if my initial script tag is this one <script type="application/ld+json"> I don't understand how the system could insert this in.
    3. Third and last question, if I check for the indexation of the event by using the "site:" as shown in the attached image I can see that the event is not indexed in Google, can you please help me to understand why that is and how to go about solving this problem?

Many thanks in advance for your help,
    Romolo

#Miscellaneous

------------------------------
    Romolo Lerza

• 2.  RE: SEO - Schema Markup - Indexation

Posted 04-20-2020 01:53
    Hi Romolo,

I have the same questions, especially question 1. I found a general metadescription for your whole site, but not per page, H1, meta titles etc.

For your third question: I entered my pages separately in Google Search Console, since I didn't find a sitemap in Flex. Then it started indexing (slowly but steadily). What also helped, were links from other sites to my event.

Hope this helps!

Chiara Van Steenberge
    Marketing & Communication
    BEMAS-Belgium Maintenance Association vzw/asbl