Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  double registration

Posted 01-08-2018 05:02
    Do you please know how it is possible to enable double registration? Currently, a participant with the same name and same email address can be registered twice for our events and I am not sure where I can change this. Thank you very much in advance.

• 2.  RE: double registration

Posted 01-08-2018 10:39
    H Veronika,

Thank you for using Cvent Community!

As you may know, email address is the unique identifier for Cvent registrations. Please let me know why would you want people to register multiple times for the same event. Do you want people to be able to register for additional items after they have registered? If so, you can enable modifications. 

Please refer to the article on Modifying Registrations (https://cventhelp.force.com/apex/apex/CommunityArticle?id=000002345&Lang=en_US" target="_blank) for more information.

If you would like to discuss this over the phone, feel free to call our Customer Support team at 866.318.4357 Option 1.

Thanks,
    Kimberly S
    Sr. Client Success Consultant

• 3.  RE: double registration

Posted 01-09-2018 03:48
    Hi Kimberley,

thank you for your answer! Thing is that we do not want that, however it is possible now for some reason and I do not know where I can change this. Thank you again.

Regards, Samuel (I am Samuel, just using the old account of Veronika and I cannot change it here :) )

• 4.  RE: double registration

Posted 01-11-2018 05:55
    Hello, is this already the final answer? I still do not know where this can be controlled. THank you in advance!

Samuel

• 5.  RE: double registration

Posted 01-11-2018 15:29
    Hi Samuel,

There is not a way to allow one person to register two times under the same email address in Cvent. Email address is the unique identifier for all Cvent accounts, and this cannot be changed. Therefore, it is not possible to have someone registered two times for one event using the same email address. Can you please send a screenshot of your Invitee Management view, which shows their name twice, as an Accepted registrant, under the same email address?

Best,
    Julia

• 6.  RE: double registration

Posted 01-15-2018 07:00
    Dear Julia,
    Please see here the printscreen:

Regards,
    Samuel

• 7.  RE: double registration

Posted 01-16-2018 11:33
    Hi Samuel,

I was able to log into your account on the back end to take a look at your company's specific settings. It looks like your company has your match key set to "First Name, Last Name, Email Address" rather than just "Email Address." In this case, Cvent will match a registrant on that criteria. This means that a new contact record will be created if the first name, last name, and email address does not match that of a current contact in your Address Book.

In your example, you have two registrants:
    1. Raymond MacDonnell, raymond.macdonnell@olchc.ie
    2. Raymond McDonnell, raymond.macdonnell@olchc.ie

If you look closely, the last names of these records do not match. Therefore, he was able to register two times within one event, because Cvent created a new contact record for the second registration.

If Raymond had tried to register the second time under Raymond MacDonnell, raymond.macdonnell@olchc.ie, he would receive an error, becuase that specific combination of first name, last name, email address already exists within your event.

This article explains the situation as well: Allowing Multiple People to Use the Same Email Address (https://app.cvent.com/Subscribers/Account/default.aspx?page=BE132BFF-ADD3-41F2-BCC9-4DBCE592E47E&targetPath=apex/CommunityArticle?id=000020250&Lang=en_US&searchTerm=duplicate%20match%20key" target="_self)

Best,
    Julia