Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Adding Cancellation Insurance

Posted 10-11-2017 14:35
    Has anyone tried to add cancellation insurance (like Rainprotection) as a percentage of the total registration fee?

• 2.  RE: Adding Cancellation Insurance

Posted 10-11-2017 21:18
    Interesting. How about using a service fee? 

• 3.  RE: Adding Cancellation Insurance

Posted 10-12-2017 08:51
    Hi Debbie,

Steven is right in suggesting services fees!

It's the closest you can get to the cancellation insurance. You would be able to rename the fee and select your preferred amount of percentage to add to the registration total. 

If you look for the "Adding Service Fees" article in the Community, you can test it out in your own account.

Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Best,

Federica

• 4.  RE: Adding Cancellation Insurance

Posted 10-12-2017 10:55
    I've tried using the service fee, but it adds the percentage to all registrants, and we want the insurance to be an option they opt-in to. Debbie

• 5.  RE: Adding Cancellation Insurance

Posted 10-12-2017 11:09
    Hi Debbie,

Yes, that is correct.

Another solution could be creating different Admission items. For example, one admission item without insurance and the other admission item with the service fee attached to it.This way, registrants can chose which admission item to go for and whether they want the insurance or not. 

Alternatively, you could create an optional item and name it Cancellation Insurance. Registrants will have the option to opt in for this or not. 

I have sumbitted the above idea as feedback to our team as well!

Best,

Federica

• 6.  RE: Adding Cancellation Insurance

Posted 10-12-2017 12:00
    I've considered the Optional Item, too, but I don't think the optional item can calculate a percentage of the total fee (which will be different for everyone). Creating the different admission items isn't something we would like to do because this insurance is a new option for our registrants and it would need a big explanation before they even begin to select their sessions. We may have to go with this method, though, if nothing else works. Debbie