Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Importing unregistered attendees in CrowdCompass

Posted 01-10-2019 17:32
    We would like to allow our speakers access to all features of the app, including the ones that require login. However, they are not registered in the event integrated with the app. If we upload them to the invited attendees list in CrowdCompass, how will that affect the data in Cvent? If they log in to the app and add sessions to their schedule, will that effectively register them again (and count against our total event registrations), or will it simply not sync because there is no registration within that specific event? Or is there another way to allow them access without having to import them — through their speaker profiles, for instance? Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Importing unregistered attendees in CrowdCompass

Posted 02-11-2019 15:36
    Edited by Read Only 05-23-2019 11:08
    In my experience, this hasn't affected the data, but if you want to be sure it doesn't change numbers or alter your data outcomes, create a new reg type specifically for the speakers and exclude speakers from any data you pull.

• 3.  RE: Importing unregistered attendees in CrowdCompass

Posted 02-11-2019 18:46
    My recommendation would be to indeed ensure they do register in the event associated with the app. It is easy to create either a registration path or an admission item that is for JUST SPEAKERS. So, same answer as @Jordan Roller. I have EVERYONE register for my event and have special reg types for speakers. I need an accurate count of attendees. And this way, you set up the data structure upfront, and can easily give speakers VIP Admin access to CrowdCompass.

• 4.  RE: Importing unregistered attendees in CrowdCompass

Posted 02-11-2019 19:58
    Edited by Read Only 05-23-2019 11:06
    Our best Practice is to have EVERYONE register in cvent so that it is integrated into CC; however, when we cannot facilitate that or get last minute additions onsite I would definitely create a new group as Jordan suggests in CC and put them directly into that group.

• 5.  RE: Importing unregistered attendees in CrowdCompass

Posted 02-11-2019 20:12
    can you add a speaker registration type and register them so that they can log on? we don't use crowd compass but we register our speakers for events

• 6.  RE: Importing unregistered attendees in CrowdCompass

Posted 02-11-2019 20:40
    following as I am interested