Open Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Save the Date Invitation

• 1.  Save the Date Invitation

Posted 03-27-2019 00:54
    I am wanting to set up a Save the Date invitation and track the registered interest invitation before sending out an Early Bird Ticker fare invitation followed by a Full Fare Ticket Invitation. What is the best way to set this up?

• 2.  RE: Save the Date Invitation

Posted 03-29-2019 09:32

Hi Stefanie,
    Thank you for your question.

You could create a registration and send the save the date email so people can register and then afterwards open the early bird ticket and ask all registrants to go to the registration and modify it.--> The downside is that the client will have to go back to their registration to modify and pay and maybe not everybody will do that.

Alternatively you can create an express event for the save the date and then the real event in which case the registrants will have to register in the new (real) event --> the downside is that you will have dupliacted registrants (in 2 diffeent events) and you will pay Cvent for the registrations created in both events even if they are the same people.

Does anybodyelse have another idea?
    best

• 3.  RE: Save the Date Invitation

Posted 04-02-2019 21:34
    Hi Stefanie,

Do you have access to use Inquisium Surveys? I would think the best way to acheive the result you are looking for would be to collect the save the date responses in the form of a short survey.

Otherwise, I would agree with Gema (above), that an Express event would work. The benefit there being that people can quickly accept or deny the save the date, so you know who is interested, and also who would prefer not to receive further emails (ie, the early bird invitation, etc.). The downside would be the added registrations used up in your account. 

If this is a very large event, or an event that will repeat in the future, I would look into Inquisium. If it is on the smaller side or a one-time meeting, I would do an Express event.

I hope that is helpful!

• 4.  RE: Save the Date Invitation

Posted 04-03-2019 13:45
    Just spitballing - but you could create an admission item that is only for this early bird discount price. Connect that to anyone that uses the specific link in the save the date email. Alternatively, you could create a discount code that is only available for a specific amount of time for these people. 

• 5.  RE: Save the Date Invitation

Posted 04-03-2019 18:15
    You can put in fees for save the date and for early bird that have start adn stop dates so you can see who registered at the differnet times through the fees.

• 6.  RE: Save the Date Invitation

Posted 04-03-2019 20:27
    Hi There! You can save your targeted attendees as a list and send save the date information without a registration link and track open rate interest. THEN send out a formal invite with registration link.

• 7.  RE: Save the Date Invitation

Posted 04-03-2019 22:19
    Hey Jordan - we are going ahead with this suggestion as we decided we dont need to track registered interest from Save the Date. Therefore we are sending it out as a 'add this date to your calender, click here' open rather than a 'register' button option. Following this we will then send out a formal invite with registration links. Thank you, and to everyone for your ideas/suggestions - they really helped!

• 8.  RE: Save the Date Invitation

Posted 04-03-2019 23:03
    We created a registration for the Save the date and a separate one for the main event

• 9.  RE: Save the Date Invitation

Posted 04-04-2019 13:28
    I would wait to send out the registration link seperately after collecting the level of interest using a seperate email campaign/list.

• 10.  RE: Save the Date Invitation

Posted 04-04-2019 19:46
    Edited by Read Only 05-16-2019 18:48
    I would potentially use Inquisium to gather interest. Import that as an invitation list and then send the invite to those that have indicated interest. You can set up the fees with expiration dates that then increase based on them or issue early bird codes that discount the registration until a certain point. Both are easily trackable via reporting,

• 11.  RE: Save the Date Invitation

Posted 04-04-2019 23:24
    We've used surveys and asked if they'd like to receive the invitation. Helps to clean up the attendee list farther in advance, instead of waiting until registration is live to deal with bounces or declines.

• 12.  RE: Save the Date Invitation

Posted 04-05-2019 14:35
    You could create an event in Express or I use nquisium to obtain the interest.  Those that were interested you could send out invitations to those to register.