Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Applying Fee to Outstanding Amounts

Posted 05-19-2018 13:45
    How do I apply a percentage fee to outstanding amounts after a certain date?

• 2.  RE: Applying Fee to Outstanding Amounts

Posted 05-21-2018 06:43
    Hi Karen,

Thank you for using Cvent Community!

Currently there is no option with with you can charge a late fee on outstanding balance (post registration) however, you can edit the amount to be paid and increase the fee they need to pay. You will need to do this individually for every invitee with a balance due.

Refer to the article on 'Changing the Price of a Preordered Item' (https://app.cvent.com/Subscribers/Account/default.aspx?page=BE132BFF-ADD3-41F2-BCC9-4DBCE592E47E&targetPath=apex/CommunityArticle?id=000002416).

Hope this helps!

Regards,
    Kimberly S
    Sr. Client Success Consultant

• 3.  RE: Applying Fee to Outstanding Amounts

Posted 05-21-2018 11:00

Hey Karen,

There is an easier way to configure this! However, this would only work if you would go for a Fixed Amount Option and not a Percentage!

If you can go for a Fixed amount instead, you can take a shortcut for this as this would help you:
    - To track the Late fees in Reporting as well
    - You can very easily filter out the invitees who has a late fees associated and can send them Balance Due emails

Follow these steps:
    - Create a Quantity Item called "Late Fees", give it an amount and close it for registration so no one can access it on the front-end.
    - Now, you don't have to modify each person's registration one by one.
    - Just login to the OnArrival app (on an iPhone or an iPad) and click on the name of this event
    - You will automatically see the balance due (if any) next to the Invitee's name
    - Click on the name of that invitee > Click on Preview icon > Add the item to his registration (without any registration modification) and Submit.
    - The Late Fees option would be added to his registration and due for payment.

This is just an alternative to what Kim mentioned above and will save you a lot of time.

The issue is that once the invitee has made a purchase, you can not modify their orders in Bulk due to security reasons!

Let me know if this alternative would work for you!
    Please feel free to let me know if there are any questions and I would be glad to assist you with the same!

Regards
    Ankita Gupta