Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  cross-event admission item?

Posted 03-16-2018 09:01
    Is it possible to have the same admission item in 2 separate events? For example, I have a live registration site for our main conference but may need to open another event where folks can register for either a 1 day seminar or the main conference. At this stage, it would be easier for me to create a separate event vs. adding another registration type, but I want the main conference registrations to tie together.

• 2.  RE: cross-event admission item?

Posted 03-16-2018 13:14
    Maybe a 2nd registration path? Personally I would not create 2 events. You want all reports pulling from the same event.

• 3.  RE: cross-event admission item?

Posted 03-19-2018 05:37
    Hi Suzanne,

Thank you for using Cvent Community!

Steven is right. If you want everything in a single report then you should go for multiple Admission Items in the same event.

Create an Admission Item for your Main Conference and other Admission Items for every single day or combination of days.

Example: If your event is a 3 day conefernce and invitees can either register for 1 day, 2 days or full conference then you would want to create the following admission items - Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 1 & Day 2, Day 2 & Day 3, Day 1 & Day 3 and Full Conference.

Further, if you have an agenda then you should create all of them as Optional Items and then Rules for Optional Sessions under the Advanced Settings tab in the Admision Item to show only the sessions available on corresponding days.

Hope this helps!

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Regards,
    Kimberly S
    Sr. Client Success Consultant