Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  reusing reports

Posted 09-03-2016 15:54
    Now that I have my first event under my belt I'm ready to create 2 new events. All those reports I created have to be recreated.

Is that the purpose of cross event reports?
    Is there a way to use my reports in a new event?

• 2.  RE: reusing reports

Posted 09-06-2016 13:47
    Hello Steven,

You can copy that event (perhaps make a template from it) and it will carry-over your custom reports (not the standard reports).

To copy an event all you need to do is click on the event:

Event Details > Event Status > hover over / click on the Actions button > select Duplicate Event and then run through the Event Creation Wizard.

You can name this event whatever you want (e.g. - Template Event).

Now when you need to create an event with all the reports that you had before (minus general reports you saved), they will be in your Template event.

I hope this helps.

• 3.  RE: reusing reports

Posted 09-06-2016 22:24

Thanks. I know I can copy an event.
    I am creating my next event from scratch because I wanted a better understanding of the setup. The 1st event was created with the help of cvent. I saved myquestions and badges to the library to reuse them.
    Guess I'll just create new reports. After my 1st event I have a better understanding and wanted to make it a clean start.

• 4.  RE: reusing reports

Posted 09-07-2016 12:35
    Yes, if you would like to learn how to do it then I would recommend doing it again from scratch. Unfortunately, they don't have a library for reports (that would be really nice!!!), so you will either need to copy the event (if the reports took a lot of time), or recreate the reports as you mentioned.

Good Luck!

• 5.  RE: reusing reports

Posted 09-07-2016 14:13
    The reports didn't take that much time.
    When I need to copy a report I take a screen shot of the fields for easy reference in creating a new report.