Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Weblink preview is showing wrong info

Posted 03-23-2022 13:52
      |   view attached
    I have copied a conference that was based on DC. The new one is in Bangkok. 

I've updated all the information in the app but when I use the weblink, the preview tells me it's a DC conference, not Bangkok. 

I've tried looking (imo) everywhere but cannot find where to make changes to the preview =(

Attached screenshot is what the weblink turns up. Definitely not the right info!
    #EventApp-Building/managing
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents
    #ManagingVirtualEvents

------------------------------
    Grace Liaw
    Program Operations & Engagement Coordinator
    Pedago, LLC

• 2.  RE: Weblink preview is showing wrong info
    Best Answer

Posted 03-24-2022 09:11
    Not 100% sure, but this could be the Share Bar settings... Find your Share Bar in the site designer. Then customize the display options within.

If you don't have a Share Bar for Bangkok, maybe there was one for DC when you copied the event. I'd try adding the share bar temporarily somewhere, changing the display options, and publishing it. Then, remove the Share Bar again.

Karyn Calaway
    Senior System Administrator
    ACT, Inc.

• 3.  RE: Weblink preview is showing wrong info

Posted 03-24-2022 09:44
    Karyn Calaway that is a great reply. I added the https://cvent.me/388AD3 into my web browser and it took me right to the Bangkok event. I think the share bar in the site designer is where the problem is originated.

James Rose | Senior Web Developer and Content Management
    Digital Infrastructure
    Office of University Development | University of Michigan

• 4.  RE: Weblink preview is showing wrong info

Posted 03-24-2022 10:18
    Karyn, 

You just made my morning! Yes, that is exactly what the issue was and because I copied the event from one made by a colleague, I did not realize there was a share bar in the website. 

My team and I thank you for taking the time to reply. I hope I can pay it forward someday. 

Grace

Grace Liaw
    Program Operations & Engagement Coordinator
    Pedago, LLC