Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Admission item visible only to specific invitation list

Posted 01-26-2021 17:30
    I have an event coming up that will be hybrid, but the in-person side will be by invitation only. Is there a way to make an admission item show up only for those that are on a specific invitation list? Or if anyone has done something like this before I'd love to hear any suggestions on how you managed it
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Miranda Allen
    Marketing Events Manager
    MasterControl

• 2.  RE: Admission item visible only to specific invitation list

Posted 01-26-2021 22:14
    I need to use different registration types to do that.

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 3.  RE: Admission item visible only to specific invitation list

Posted 01-27-2021 08:57
    Hi Miranda,
    Like Jack said, you'll need to create a separate registration type for them. You'll also need to create a separate invitation list and registration path for them. Then just make sure they are all connected.

• Create a registration type for them
    • Create a separate invitation list and assign their registration type to it.​
    • Create an admission item and limit which registration type can select that admission item (select the registration type you created)
    • Create a Registration Path and in the settings, select that they must come from an invitation list and select the invitation list for this type
    Hope this helps.

Jill Campbell
    Chubb INA Holdings Inc

• 4.  RE: Admission item visible only to specific invitation list

Posted 01-27-2021 18:56
    Thanks Jill! Bummer, I was hoping I could get away with using my existing registration types and avoid throwing a wrench in my cross-event reporting

Miranda Allen
    Marketing Events Manager
    MasterControl

• 5.  RE: Admission item visible only to specific invitation list

Posted 01-29-2021 11:33
    Not sure if this applies for your event but if you're trying to hide certain sessions for your in-person event versus to your virtual audience and assuming your in-person attendees are coded as a specific registration type, you could try to see about going into that particular session to limit the attendee type under the session's availability in the details tab.  Hope this makes sense

Jenn Wang
    Meeting planner
    EY Global Services Limited

• 6.  RE: Admission item visible only to specific invitation list

Posted 01-29-2021 14:43
    What are your existing registration types? Is one registration type for the invitation-only people?

Jill Campbell
    Chubb INA Holdings Inc

• 7.  RE: Admission item visible only to specific invitation list

Posted 02-01-2021 11:07
    My existing registration types categorize attendees into their relationship with us (customer, prospect, partner, employee, etc). If I create a registration type for those attending the event in person, I'll lose that segmentation on the Cvent side as the attendees will be a mix of my current reg types if that makes sense. However, I do think it will be worth it in order to get a separate path in this instance

Miranda Allen
    Marketing Events Manager
    MasterControl