Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Restricting Portal User access to Report Data

Posted 07-12-2019 14:02
      |   view attached

Hi! 

I am trying to create a portal for someone to view restricted information. I have added a saved report that has the fields I wish for them to see, but when I go in as them and run a report I still have the ability to go to the "Data" pull down and "Change the Report Data" to the fields I have purposefully excluded from this view. 

Is there a way I can ensure my portal user cannot do this?

Thanks!

#ReportingandInsights

------------------------------
    Alyssa Kim
    Caravan Health, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Restricting Portal User access to Report Data

Posted 08-01-2019 09:37
    Hi Alyssa, 

This is a great suggestion to determine what access settings for the report that portal users can see. I will take not of the feedback on your behalf. 

This is something cannot be adjusted at this time, but this does not impact the report that is saved in Cvent, the portal users just have the option of adding in more fields if they would like to. if another portal user were to log in and run the same report, it would only show the fields that you saved into the report in Cvent. 

Best,

Lauren Donaghue
    Cvent

• 3.  RE: Restricting Portal User access to Report Data

Posted 08-01-2019 12:06
    Hi there,

I'm not sure I understand your reply.  the user set up by Alyssa would be able to see the fields she does not want them to - hence them seeing additional fields is the problem; but another user could access the portal and would not - they'd only see the report - which is what she wants of the first user?  Based on this - it sounds like there is a way to limit what the first person sees.

Heather Payne
    Director & Regional Head Canada, Conference & Event Marketing
    RBC Dominion Securities, Inc.

• 4.  RE: Restricting Portal User access to Report Data

Posted 08-02-2019 13:17
      |   view attached
    Hi Alyssa,

I reviewed one of my reports on Portal as a Portal and Account User and was not able to edit the report to add more fields.
    The only option available is to Filter Report Data and a portal user accessing the report cannot edit to add more fields. (Attaching Screenshot)

Please contact customer care, in case you are able to replicate the issue.

-----------------------------------
    Brett Sachdeva
    Tech Lead
    Cvent Client Services