Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Adding optional fees

Posted 01-08-2020 15:03
    Is it possible to add an optional fee to a registration? Not a service fee that is applied automatically to a given registration type, but rather an option saying, "I'd like to help defer your credit card fees by adding an extra 3% to my registration fee." I've seen them on various organizations' donation websites and it would be extremely helpful with our small organization's budgeting. 

Thanks!
    #Classic-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Crysten Sanchez
    Conference Executive
    Higher Things

• 2.  RE: Adding optional fees

Posted 01-13-2020 11:47
    Hi Crysten, 

You have a couple of options here. There is a way to add in an "optional" fee either through creating a Session or Quantity Item that has a fee tied to it. However, by using this solution, the Session or Optional Item would need to have a fixed amount as opposed to 3% of what the registrant owes. If the price will vary for each registrant based on what they buy, then you would not be able to accomplish this with Sessions and Quantity Items. We also have Donation Items that allow the registrant to input a value of their choice which will then be added to their registration, it would be up to them to calculate the 3%. Below are instructions on where to find these features:

Sessions: Event Details>Sessions>Create Session>Add Fee to it. 

Optional Items: Event Details>Optional Items>You can create a quantity item which will be a fixed amount 

Donation Items: Event Details>Optional Items>Create Donation Item

I hope this helps, we can get even more creative if this doesn't quite fit your needs!

Best,

Lauren Donaghue
    Lead Client Success Advisor
    Cvent