Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Accommodation requests without using Hotel Request widget

Posted 08-09-2021 14:13
    Hi, can anyone advise on the best way of gathering check in and check out dates for hotel accommodation without using the Hotel request widget (that also allows you to set a date range). We are allocating people to their hotel, so they only need to let us know what nights they need accommodation for.  If I set the hotel in the hotel request form as a Generic conference hotel, I can't seem to remove the image of the hotel or stop them from selecting a room type (there's only one Run of House).  Basically the Hotel request form asks for far too much information that can't be really refined down and assumes that attendees are picking their own hotel, not the case here. thanks
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Rebecca Bryden
    Clyde & Co LLP

• 2.  RE: Accommodation requests without using Hotel Request widget

Posted 08-09-2021 14:31

We had the exact same problem!! I raised a case with cvent about the image for the hotel and having it removed, that was quite some time ago now. 

We ended up just making a "hotel page" and added custom questions such as dates, special requests etc. Then we used the data tags of these questions on the confirmation email and built our own "hotel widget" information box from the delegates responses. 

At least doing it this way we could then bulk import accommodation information into everyones profile once we had assigned them the hotel, and it then didnt look like they had two hotel bookings since the other information was just stored in the questions section of their profile. It ended up working quite well and we have done this process a few times now with our larger events. 

Hayley Contegiacomo
    Chief Technology Officer
    Huddle Agency

• 3.  RE: Accommodation requests without using Hotel Request widget

Posted 08-11-2021 10:23
    Thank you, I think that's what we're going to end up doing too.

Rebecca Bryden
    Clyde & Co LLP

• 4.  RE: Accommodation requests without using Hotel Request widget

Posted 02-04-2022 18:01
    Haley, we're actually about to do this now.  When you imported in the hotel information, did you import them in as requests or just straight to confirmations?  I can't decide if I need to utilize the requests even if we aren't using the widget but as a way to store some hotel request specific info (ADA, special requests, etc.) or if I'm good just keeping them as reg questions and can still pull them as needed from reports.

Rachel Becker
    Director, Business Solutions
    EAB

• 5.  RE: Accommodation requests without using Hotel Request widget

Posted 02-07-2022 04:54

Hi Rachel, 

Typically we skip the hotel requests section and go straight to the confirmations. There is one report that we find you can full everything onto the one place which is the Invitees & Registrant Details report, which sits under the drop down of Invitees & Registrants. 

Let me know if you get stuck! Good luck :) 

Hayley Contegiacomo
    Chief Operating Officer
    Huddle Agency

• 6.  RE: Accommodation requests without using Hotel Request widget

Posted 08-09-2021 14:53
    Rebecca,

We gather hotel check-in and check-out without using the Hotel feature simply by adding registration questions asking for a check-in date and a check-out date. We put a note ahead of which to enter a date between xx/xx/xxxx and yy/yy/yyyy and that seems to be working. I classic you can set a range of dates, so, hopefully, that feature will make its way into Flex soon. 

You can set a date range on dates by setting up a custom contact-level field, but if you have the same people attending more then one event, that gets a little messy.

Edd Schillay
    Director of Operations
    The Trial Network

• 7.  RE: Accommodation requests without using Hotel Request widget

Posted 08-11-2021 10:24
    Thank you, I think we'll just stick with regular questions and work out the rooming list manually

Rebecca Bryden
    Clyde & Co LLP