Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Managing Travelers

Posted 05-02-2022 17:14
    Hello, 

I'm a long-time Cvent user but new to my current job, which entails reimbursing my 100+ attendees for all their travel expenses. As such, I'm unfamiliar with the Cvent travel features, and would love to hear feedback on how easy it is to deal with room blocks, international and doomestic airfare, and collecting other info (like citizenship and visa status) as needed by my university's system to process the reimbursement. 

Thanks for the feedback! 

Cheers,
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents
    #ManagingRoomBlocks

------------------------------
    Béline Falzon
    Event Planner
    Stanford University

• 2.  RE: Managing Travelers

Posted 05-03-2022 08:38

Béline Falzon,

Congratulations on your new role and glad you found your way back to the community. ​At Cvent Connect this year I made great contacts with others from Stanford and hopefully I can continue that relationship. 

Our university will be using the travel features more in the coming years and I would too love to hear some feedback. 

All the best,

James Rose | Senior Web Developer and Content Management
    Digital Infrastructure
    Office of University Development | University of Michigan

• 3.  RE: Managing Travelers

Posted 05-03-2022 11:19
    Hi James, 

Thanks! Happy to be back. I'd love to connect and chat about implementation more broadly if you are willing! There's so much to do with this transition, I'd love to get feedback from other university users :) And of course happy to share some of our experiences as well. 

Cheers,

Béline Falzon
    Event Planner
    Stanford University

• 4.  RE: Managing Travelers
    Best Answer

Posted 05-03-2022 09:40
    Beline, I use Cvent a lot for international travel, because we manage international conferences, where we are required to book international travel. On our registration pages we ask questions about COVID, travel regulations, VISA process and we also collect passport information. So Cvent works more as a collection platform, from where we manage invitation letters for VISAS, travel booking, etc.
     So collecting information is quite simple. But to use Cvent as a expense report type platform, where you need to reimburse people, probably not the best option. Unless I didn't understand completely what you are asking.

Jorge Pratas
    Conference Manager
    World Sports

• 5.  RE: Managing Travelers

Posted 05-03-2022 11:20
    Hi Jorge, 

You hit it on the nail. I think we will be better served collecting pre-event information using Cvent then using other existing systems for the post-event financial aspects. 

Thanks for your input,

Béline Falzon
    Event Planner
    Stanford University