Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  CrowdCompass' features

Posted 01-28-2020 11:10
    Hi everyone!
    We aren't using CrowdCompass, but we're thinking of trying it out soon. I read a lot on CrowdCompass, but I still have unanswered questions regarding the notifications/alerts.

• Since the app can be integrated with our GDS, if my flight is delayed or cancelled, will I be notified in real time?
    • If a session that I registered to is cancelled, am I notified in real time?
    • I know that we can create Push Notifications. But, can they be sent to only those concerned? Like if one session is cancelled, does every registrant get notified or only the registrants to this specific session?

Can anybody help? I'll gladly accept a link to answers too.

Thank you!
    #EventApp-Building/managing
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Cassandre Therrien
    Project Manager, Groups & Incentives - Technology
    Les Voyages Laurier Du Vallon

• 2.  RE: CrowdCompass' features

Posted 01-29-2020 09:59
    Hi Cassandra, 

I am glad you're considering CrowdCompass. It is an intuitive, easy to use app and we get a lot of compliments from our attendees. Their support staff, especially their on-demand resources, are very knowledgeable and helpful. I recommend picking up the phone and calling their support line. You will have answers in a few minutes. 

Unfortunately, I don't have a response for you on the first or second question BUT I do know that you can segment your push notifications. I often do this, for example pushing to a certain profile of attendees (exhibitors only).

Mary Zampino, CSP, CSMP | Vice President – Content, Research & Analytics | SIG
    mzampino@sig.org | LinkedIn: maryzampino | Twitter: @MaryZampino_SIG

• 3.  RE: CrowdCompass' features

Posted 01-29-2020 10:15
    Good morning, we're using the integration with Concur for the first time so I can't answer your first question but I don't believe there is any notification as it only pulls in your air actual from the booking system called SABRE which is used to book the flight. 

As far as the cancelled session, there isn't a notification to attendees when a session is cancelled. You could manually send a push notification or change the title on the schedule section to note "Cancelled". 

You can send push notifications to specific groups that you have assigned people to, for example if you integrate CVENT your groups would be the registration type assigned to them. You can change the groups within CrowdCompass but would need then assign people to them manually. 

Hope that helps!

Ryan Bixler
    Director, Meetings and Events
    Protective Life Corporation

• 4.  RE: CrowdCompass' features

Posted 01-29-2020 10:44
    Thanks you both! I got all answers I needed. FYI, I also learned that the flights can't be updated live in the app, so the notification won't be in real time. It takes some time to be sent to Cvent and then to CrowdCompass.

Cassandre Therrien
    Project Manager, Groups & Incentives - Technology
    Les Voyages Laurier Du Vallon