Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Flex email text background color

Posted 05-03-2020 17:35
    Edited by Steven Schlossman 05-03-2020 17:45
    We are cautiously optimistic that we will be holding a small event in mid-August. Fairly simple event so I can build it in Flex.

In building the emails I see that the text widget background color are all #DDE2E6 even though I have selected the background to be transparent.

Also the footer does not left align with the body of the email in preview. Looks fine when email is sent. Bug?

#Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 2.  RE: Flex email text background color

Posted 05-04-2020 09:13
    Hi Steven,

In Flex, we have 3 color layers - Widget, Section and Theme(Site) .

We will show the widget, then section background and then the overall site background color depending upon the transparent option chosen for Widget or Section.

I would recommend you to review the Section and Theme Background colors from:
    • Section: Click on the Orange Area within the Canvas and then change the background to Transparent

• Global Theme:  Theme >> Site Background to the color of your choice

Note: The section level change has to be repeated for all emails. 

As quick work around you can keep the Color 1 and Color 2(same) which will impact all the emails.

We do not recommend same colors for Theme >> Colors, as it may impact the visibility of some text widgets or elements. But in this use case, I have checked there is no impact.

Also, the alignment seems to be an issue specific to Registration Confirmation email. 

Please reach out to our customer care team, they should be able to escalate and raise a bug.

Thanks,

-----------------------------------
    Brett Sachdeva
    Tech Lead
    Cvent Client Services

• 3.  RE: Flex email text background color

Posted 05-04-2020 12:11
    Thanks.  Hadn't noticed that I can click on the section. That fixed it.

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America