Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Hotel Requests - Credit Card Payments

Posted 06-24-2019 16:29
    For our board retreat, we usually have the board members pay us for their hotel rooms and then we write one check to the venue after the event. In Classic I had created the Admission Items as the package -rate rooms and then added Optional Quantity Items for the shoulder date rooms that might be requested. 

Since Flex doesn't have Optional Items available yet, I'm exploring using the Cvent Hotel Request Form. My question is - will the registrant's credit card be automatically charged for the room by us at the end of registration, or will it just collect the credit card information for processing at a later time? 

Thanks!
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents
    #ManagingRoomBlocks

------------------------------
    Pamela O'Connor, CMP
    Director Of Education & Events
    Association For Community Living, New York

• 2.  RE: Hotel Requests - Credit Card Payments

Posted 06-26-2019 11:44
    Hi Pamela!

When utilizing Cvent's Hotel Request Form and choosing to charge hotel fees, the registrants will be automatically charged at the end of registration. You could choose to utilize the Travel Credit Card Form, which simply collects the card information for incidentals, etc. Our Product Team is also currently working on the ability to collect credit card information for later processing in Flex - this is not yet released but is planned for 2019.

Best,

Danni

Danielle Czark
    cvent test

• 3.  RE: Hotel Requests - Credit Card Payments

Posted 07-19-2019 12:20
    That is exactly what I was hoping for! We want to charge them during registration because we collect the money and then pay for everything in one lump sum. I was afraid the hotel form would send the CC info directly to the hotel and bypass us. 

Thanks Danielle!

Pam

Pamela O�Connor
    Director Of Education & Events
    Association For Community Living, New York