Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Speaker Profile Images - Rotating when Published to the Event Site from Abstract Management.

Posted 03-22-2022 18:12
    We require our speakers to upload their headshot when submitting an abstract proposal. I then go into each photo to crop it and make sure it looks alright. Once I publish the sessions/speakers from abstract management to the event site, some images are rotated to the side and I can't adjust them. Is there a way to fix this within Cvent or will the speaker have to email a file of their image?

Thanks in advance!
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Emilie Eller
    System Administrator II
    ACT, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Speaker Profile Images - Rotating when Published to the Event Site from Abstract Management.

Posted 03-23-2022 11:57
    This happened to me for one of my events, after going back and forth with support I ended up deleting and recreating the speaker record to fix the headshot.

Mia McLaughlin
    Events Manager
    NWEA

• 3.  RE: Speaker Profile Images - Rotating when Published to the Event Site from Abstract Management.

Posted 03-24-2022 21:32
    Hi Mia,

We had to manually modify each photo using a photo editor to make certain that they were a consistent size, pixel count, and were rotated correctly. I found that Paint 3D on Windows 10 worked better than the old MS Paint. Once we got each picture correctly sized we uploaded them in the personal information page of the speaker profile. Unfortunately the Crop feature in Cvent Abstract Management only does a reduction of the file uploaded, and does not change the picture rotation.

Michael Gaytan
    Managing Director
    Probelis Consulting
    probelis.com