Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Custom Data Tag for Marketing Web Links?

Posted 03-02-2022 10:02
    Edited by Kameron Kidd 02-14-2024 13:01
    My company runs over 100 events per year. Many of our events are multi-track. We have created weblinks to send registrants to a registration path that will pre-select their admission item (Track).

I am now trying to implement Invite from Salesforce. I would like to set up invite emails on our event template so that they can be replicated to new events, but the custom track weblinks are different for every event.

Is there a way to create a Data Tag to reference a custom Marketing Web Link that can be used in invite emails?
    #Miscellaneous #Datatags #Weblinks #InviteEmails

------------------------------
    Matt Capitao
    SVP Technology & Digital Services
    CDM Media
    ​​​

• 2.  RE: Custom Data Tag for Marketing Web Links?

Posted 03-04-2022 16:09
    Hi Matt,

Yes, you can accomplish this by creating a content block custom data tag. There is a helpful Community article with instructions linked where you configure the data tag under Admin > General > Custom Data Tags. You would insert the link in the HTML text box then click the HTML button. Within the HTML editor, you can insert the link behind text by clicking Ctrl + K. Once you are done, click Ok > Insert the text in the Plain Text box > Save. Once these steps are complete, you can include the data tag(s) in the email by searching for the Account Custom Tag and selecting the correct tag accordingly.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Amanda Sidrak
    Senior Client Success Advisor
    Cvent