Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Emailing to a list?

Posted 01-28-2020 16:18
    I feel like I'm missing something super simple. I created an invitation list, but when I go to send the email, nothing shows up. No names, no email addresses. Also, is an invitation list different from "invitees and registrants" ? 

Last question - is it possible to schedule an email to be send in the future? Didn't see a way to do this.

Thank you!
    #PromotingYourEvent

------------------------------
    Laura Smith
    FHI 360

• 2.  RE: Emailing to a list?

Posted 01-28-2020 18:39
    Edited by Brenda Ainsburg 01-28-2020 18:49
    I have been struggling with a similar issue.

Cvent Classic, event in test mode, I added myself to the Invitation List manually, then tried to send the type = Save the Date email. I could not find myself! Very frustrating. I would go to the email, hit "send manually," then search for myself. I was in the proper invitation list and even added a registration type. Still no dice.

In your invitation list, check the settings, and make sure that you are not ruling out your Invitees and Registrations with a Registration Type setting in there. It may be as simple as ensuring those with No Registration Type are included in your Invitation List.

I had to use the TEST mode to send myself anything.

Side note - I am working in an event which was copied and had a lot of reg typs & paths, and several (possibly duplicated and conflicting) Admission Items. So I am starting from scratch.

Side note: when I searched for reg types to choose from in my own contact record, I could not see them all. I have a suspicion that there were reg types in the OLD event, copied into the NEW event, and then made INACTIVE in Admin in the account.

It is a glorious mystery. It was easier to start over (deleting all the reg types, reg paths, and admission items and starting with the Cvent default "No Registration" reg type and default unconfigured reg path) than to puzzle out all the former programming.

And yes, invitation lists are categorically different than Invitation Lists.

A contact is an object that represents a person in your Cvent Contacts.

You can upload or otherwise add a bunch of Contacts, and at the Account Level you can put them in Contact Lists. At the Event Level you can put them in separate invitation lists. For example, I'd send Exhibitors/Sponsors a totally different set of messages than I would an Attendee. So I put those in different lists. 

Everybody you invite to your event is in Invitees and Registrants: That's everybody, and you can see the status of their registration there.

Invitation Lists are a convenient way to segment your "invitees and registrants" because you may have very different messaging for different groups.

I plan to use Invitation Lists to assign Registration Types.

Hope this helps!

Brenda Ainsburg
    Channel Program Manager
    brenda.ainsburg@siemens.com
    Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
    United States